Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Day In The Life.

Oh yeah. I have a blog. I must have forgotten! It's been a little busy here. For some reason. So here is last week...

Monday...I just realized this was last Sunday. But you wouldn't know that. Except that I just told you. But Monday was a school day and we made candy cane popcorn and then took it to our neighbors and friends and then went to Daniel's parents house for a special Christmas get together FHE while his sister was here from Colorado. Good day.
Tuesday...Here is the popcorn we made on Monday and passed out on Monday. It's Tuesday. I know. Short day for the kids with their sing along at school. Isaac had an orthodontist appointment and doesn't have to wear his retainer anymore. He wants to blow it up.
Wednesday...No school, no work. Daniel started his vacation through the end of the year. It's like Saturday everyday. We had Christmas caroling at a local assisted living center with our cub scouts. Then we all got warm clothes on to go to SL to Temple Square and dinner. My kids are wearing snowsuits and boots and gloves. It was below freezing and snowing. The baby dressed in only a sweatshirt with her little legs hanging out uncovered almost sent this mommy over the edge!!! We were glad the gates to the temple were open so we could walk all the way around it. Then we had dinner at Applebees. We were starving and cranky. Daniel likes to blame it on my Portuguese heritage. Whatever! The kids told us what they want to order for dinner next year!
Thursday...Christmas Eve! We went to my mom and dad's for festivities, nativities, gifts and dinner. Abbie (my mom) gives all the grandkids jammies. Aren't they cute?? Since we always seem to go camping in the freezing cold, I figure these will become camping jammies!
Thursday...Christmas morning! The hooligans woke up waaaaaayy too early. But we got up and went wild. This was a good Christmas! I suppose I should do a post about Christmas. Or something.
Saturday...My mom was getting rid of some stuff and this cool Tic Tac Toe with snowmen was MINE! My kids love to just sit and play! We had our Christmas Party with Daniel's family. We did tons of humanitarian stuff. This might just start a tradition. Good day!
Sunday...After church Ruthie wanted to bake with her new gift. So we did. It really didn't turn out so great. We couldn't frost the cakes. But she had fun eating the crumbly mess!
Another week is already underway. I promise to get the next one up quicker!
Maybe.

4 comments:

Crissy said...

WOW, Jennie!! You are almost there! I can't believe you got a full year pictures in! You are amazing! Can't wait to see what 2010 brings! Maybe I can try this again? Maybe? Hmmmm, we'll see, huh! LOL!
Love their P.J.'s I think you kids have seriously sprouted since I last saw them. They are growing so fast!

Jen said...

I agree with Crissy! I'm totally impressed with your picture journaling for a whole year! What a fun thing for your family to look back on, in the future!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

I, too, have loved seeing all of your pictures this year. I can't believe it has been a while year since you started this! I love your family. Thank you for sharing them with us.

I'm glad that you all had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year - may this be the best one yet for you and your family!!