Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Day In The Life.

Monday...This is the tree box from the tree that finally died last Christmas. It was brought upstairs for some reason and the kiddos made a slide out of it. Ruthie and Sammy started naming the slide positions. The Possum. The Lightening. The Stairs. The I Love You Side Slide. I think Sam is doing The Possum here. They crack me up.
And please don't mock my bare walls. We are planning to paint soon. Then I will dress my poor walls!
Tuesday...Ruthie's Chicken Noodle Soup was happy today.
Wednesday...Spaghetti for dinner. This plate was just a little worried is all.
Thursday...Isaac took some tape and made a little girl on the banister. He shaved her head several times and then put the "hair" back on. Funny guy.
Friday...Well, this isn't Friday. It's a Saturday picture. But at least there is a picture. Right? Mom got to go to the girl doctor. Oh joy. We also had our Ward Christmas party. So fun!
Saturday... Seriously? You want to know about my Saturday? Well, since you asked...
Ruthie and I had a 7 am hair appointment and the alarm kept going off and Daniel kept hitting snooze and thinking he didn't want to wake me up.
We woke up at 6:45...not enough time. So I called my sister in law Shelba and she was very kind and said to come at 8:30. The kids were now up because I panicked out loud.
We got to our appointment and got beautified and then took my nephew home all in a raging snow storm.
I had 45 minutes to take a shower, eat something and get dressed for a baptism. At least my hair looked good. The baptism was wonderful!
It went long and I had a presidency meeting that my counselor and I were planning to be early for so we could start getting some stuff done. Yeah right. We left the baptism right when our meeting was scheduled. Meeting went great. Got stuff done. My hair looked good.
Got home and we only had 10 minutes to get to the train station to get to SL to have dinner and see the lights at temple square. No one was ready. So we decided to drive.
We drove and stopped along the way to have dinner. Then decided to miss all the traffic backed up on the freeway. Ha! It was worse where we decided to go. And we just went around in circles. So we headed to Layton to see the lights there. And then got home early enough that I could get laundry done and sharing time prepared and didn't have time to clean the house! At least my hair looked good!
Daniel dragged the kiddos across the parking lot. Fun!
Sunday...Daniel, Ruthie and Sam built a snowman on Saturday while I was running here and there. We had gotten a snowman making kit from a neighbor so our snowman was awesome!
His head was off when we left for church on Sunday morning. Darn.
All day poor Ruthie's tummy was hurting. My rule is...unless you are exploding out one end or the other, you must go to church!...when we got home, she was doubling up in pain. We did a little research on Medmd and decided to just take her in. I took her at the peril of missing choir practice and being harassed! and was glad I did. The doc was concerned that she may be developing appendicitis. We are just watching her now. Her pain is still general. If it gets really intense and/or she has a fever, I have been told to just take her to the ER. So far the pain has subsided and only hits her every once in a while and isn't too bad. Sooo....
Daniel took the boys to grandma and grandpa's house to play and visit!
Oh! And my hair looked good!
Hope your week was awesome!
Remember Christmas is coming...the goose is getting fat!
Have a terrific week!

3 comments:

Kates said...

So where's the pic of your good-looking hair?

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Yes- a picture of the hair is needed! Your week seemed as hectic as mine!

Sorry we didn't make it.....I am regretting the trip to CA right before the holidays but it was worth it for Mila to meet grandpa.

hope Ruthie feels better!

Kim said...

hehe - So glad your hair looked good though all of that!! Traffic can be so frustrating. Glad you got to see some lights after all. That spaghetti picture cracked me up :)