Monday, July 21, 2008

Once Upon A Time... Part 2

Ken and I planned another date. This time we would go grocery shopping and then go to his house and he would make me dinner. Then we would go through his questions. So I dressed casually this time. Luckily I was right on target this time with the dress standards. I can't remember if he picked me up for this or if I drove to his house. But I remember almost always being in my car. I saw his car. I preferred mine. So did he.

We went to a grocery store near his home and then went back to his house. He shared it with his brother; they apparently built it together. I don't think he knew where the salt was. Or the pan he needed to cook dinner. It didn't phase me much then. (It will all make sense later on. I'll do a recap of all the weird stuff and what it all meant later.) He made a nice dinner that had wine in it. It was alright. I don't think I was too hungry anyway. I'm usually a bit worried when a guy wants to cook, so I ate a bit before getting there. We talked a lot. I don't think we got to the questions, though. But I did learn that he came from a big family and his parents divorced when they were all young. His mom had remarried and was living down south a bit with her new hubby. He didn't expand on it.

After this, things started humming. I wasn't humming. I was just hoping he would get to the point. But it was kinda fun, I suppose. Over the next couple of weeks we did a few things together. In no particular order, this is what we did. He came and got me one morning and took me to get a bagel breakfast. Nothing more interesting on that topic. He took me to the local cemetery late one night. He wanted to run through the cemetery. That was bizarre! It was cold and snowy and I believe one could even call it psychotic! Well, there you have it. Oh wait! That's not all. We went ice skating. When he picked me up he had a gift for me. I opened it up. A pair of mittens and a scarf. Was this just so I wouldn't get cold while ice skating? He wanted me to meet a friend of his there. So we got our skates on, started to skate, and he kept watching for the friend. It made for a boring night. He finally wanted to sit down and see if he would come while we were sitting. Is this all just a little strange? I can't believe I actually stuck around for this. The friend never showed. So we left.

He got me up really early on another morning to take me to breakfast. We went to Village Inn. While we were there, a young woman with a couple of kids came up and said hi to him. She came up to us right after he had left me for a few minutes. He didn't go toward the bathroom. This is getting to be a tradition when we were together. He acted surprised to see her there. But I could tell he kind of expected her to be there. Hmmm. The little kids were cute. They had red hair and freckles. So did Ken.

We had been seeing each other for a while. I guess you could say, for lack of a better word, I was intrigued. He was evasive about a lot of things, but he was interesting (in a weird way) when he did enlighten me. He talked a lot about joining the church because he had a testimony and wanted to get married in the temple. Huh? One day he took me up to the canyon (in my car) to drive around. We got out of the car at a pretty spot and talked. He held my hand (he had been very non physical with me thus far) and I could tell he wanted to actually be physical. He was talking marriage and asked what I would do if he kissed me. (YIKES!) I think we were back in the car pretty quickly after that.

I invited him to my parents house for Thanksgiving. He was excited to come and meet all my family. He had met my parents briefly before. This would by far be the most thrilling of all our time together until I actually put all this together. In his living room. While reading D&C 132. When he gave me his copy of Teachings Of The Prophet Joseph Smith as a gift. Look out!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Ah ha ha ha ha ha! (laughing loudly) Red hair and freckles hu? I'm just imagining what is going to happen next. Can't wait!

Sarah said...

This is awesome reading! You can't wait so long in between. I gotta find out about all this weird stuff!!!

Crissy said...

LOL! This is interesting, have had to come back here and there to read it with the crazy day it has been here.
Can't wait to hear what happened after he gave you the book.

Laurie said...

Haha! I remember that Thanksgiving. That guy was WEIRD!! Can't wait for the next installment.

Hollyween said...

He sounds jus plain weird. So let me get this straight, he wasn't a member and he gave you a book about the teaching of J.S.??! HUH????

Kim said...

Hmmmm....can't wait to read what happens next! The grocery store seems to be a recurring theme with ya'll.