Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wicked Sunglasses!

On Wednesdays, I take the kids to the mall to the theater and see the dollar movie. I had a really full purse this time, apparently. I lost my sunglasses. They were really great sunglasses, too. It's so dark in the theater. So I had to get some new ones. I completely forgot when I was at the store and had an opportunity to get a new pair. So I made a special trip to Target with Ruthie to get a new pair. I tried on a couple pairs similar to the pair I just lost. Then I found these funky ones. So not the kind I wear. I put them on and showed Ruthie and she said, "Oh, mommy, get those ones. I promise to empty the dishwasher and make my bed and clean my room and do lots of work for you if you get those sunglasses!" She was talking rather loudly and other women standing close looking at jewelry turned around and started laughing. How could I resist? Seriously, how can you not accept when you daughter promises to do the work she's supposed to do every day if you will just get those glasses? So I got them.
Yes, they're purple. Fun, huh? Here she is wearing the new glasses. I need to get her to empty the dishwasher now!
On a separate note, we all went to Lagoon on Friday. We had a blast! It's the first time my kids have gone. They want to go again today. And next week. And the week after that. Etc. Isaac got to go on Wicked. Awesome! He and Daniel rode it. Here's Isaac when he got into his seat. Seriously had a blast!
Umm. Doesn't he look a little small in the huge seat on the dangerous rollercoaster??

9 comments:

Hollyween said...

We were at Lagoon yesterday too! I didn't see you. Levi is just a hair too short for the big rides. BUMMER!! I can't believe that I haven't gone on Wicked yet. We have season passes and everything, but it's all about the kids so the adult rides never happen. John and I need to go on a date to Lagoon!

Nice new Shades, Jennie!

Crissy said...

LOVE those glasses! LOL!! Not my style either, but they look great on Ruthie!
We didn't make it to Lagoon, but maybe next year when Brandon is older. I had my Lagoon thrill a few months ago. I took Michelle on the wicked ride and she would have been fine had the shrilly girls behind us not screamed. Made Michelle turn as white as ghost. She didn't like that ride too much. The only ride she enjoyed (which we had to wait in line for 45 minutes for) was the Rattlesnake rapids.
Looks like you all had fun :)

Crissy said...

OH!! No WAIT!! We didn't go on the wicked, It was the BAT ride? I think? Oooops, I forget, sorry!

Andrea said...

Cute glasses! I am jealous you guys went to Lagoon, I haven't been in years!!

Mama Bear said...

Mykah wanted to go to Lagoon yesterday too since all her friends were going, but Tony had to work and I didn't want to take Konner and Mykah by myself. I'm glad your kids had fun! I too love the glasses and can't wait to see you in them.

Lisa and Tate said...

Cute sunglasees!!!

Oh the great memories from our yearly summer day at lagoon! So much fun!!!

Jen said...

The sunglasses are quite groovey! I stick to the whimpy rides at Lagoon. I'm terrified of heights and I can't watch my family ride them. Disturbing thoughts enter my brain. Hey bumper cars! Now there's a ride!

Laurie said...

Love the glasses. So "Ruthie"! Fun time at Lagoon. My kids have been begging to go there.

Kim said...

Those sunglasses are FABULOUS! What a funny girl that Ruthie is! I hope she did her chores as promised!