Thursday, July 17, 2008

We're Friends

I had to go to the doctor this morning and then did some grocery shopping. Mackenzie (the great) came to babysit for me. When I got home, I found Isaac and Sam sitting eerily close to each other on the couch. I went up behind them and gave them each a kiss and said, "Why are you sitting so close to each other?" (Usually this closeness would induce hitting and kicking and someone yelling, "He's touching me!" or "He won't get off my leg!" Or something else similar.) Instead, Sam said, "because we're friends. Because friends don't hit each other." Wow. I had a moment! I pulled my self together and looked at Mackenzie and asked what happened. She just shrugged and said she didn't know. Then Isaac put his arm lovingly around his brother's shoulders. Hmm. Who are these children? I 'm not complaining though. After Mackenzie left, Ruthie went to sit by them and they called me over and said, "Mom, you should take a picture of us!" Ok.
Look how cute they are. Notice Sam's a-ok sign he's giving! They have each told me they don't want to get hit anymore. So they're gonna be friends. Friends don't hit each other. Friends love each other. Oh, and brothers and sisters don't hit each other. So there you have it. I don't know what Mackenzie did. But I'm not gonna question it. It's something Daniel and I have been trying to convey for YEARS!!
Oh, wait! My boys just came and said, much to the approval and dismay of their mother, "We just worked together and cleaned out under our bed. We will put everything away where it's supposed to go. We worked together!" I feel like I'm in a dream! I don't want to wake up. Oh dear. There was a pair of undies under the bed. At least they are managing the potty humor that should inevitably follow pretty well. I'm gonna go kiss all my kids again!

6 comments:

Jen said...

What? What the? Hu? Maybe the kids are eating funny candy. I must say, that this moment was definitely a Kodak moment. Relish it!

Hollyween said...

So cute that they said, 'we're friends'! Levi recently told me that Faith is his best friend and it totally melted my heart.

Darling pic of your three cuties. I think McKenzie needs to come to my house!

Crissy said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! I want to know the secret is too!
I love the story behind the photo too! What a priceless moment!

Sarah said...

i think i'm dumb founded. i don't know quite how to respond! hopefully this lasts. once you figure it out, you've got to share the secret!

Laurie said...

Seriously, what did the babysitter do?! Is she magic? Can I borrow her?

Kim said...

WOWIE! I need the number to your babysitter! That is so darling that they are "friends"! Hope it lasts forever!