Sunday, August 17, 2008

I ACTUALLY HAD FUN!

Congratulations, Universe. You Win!
I can hardly believe it myself. I really had a ton of fun in Flaming Gorge!
Here's a smile to prove it...
Isn't it gorgeous?! The gorge was amazingly beautiful!
See that red rock..
It was raining when we left, but when the sun shines on these mountains, it looks like they are on fire...thus the name...Flaming Gorge.
Here we go...Who could those cute people be out on that floaty thing? Bouncing around and getting wet and laughing hysterically...
You can't tell? Even from rollercoaster arms up in the air?
Oh yes! It's ME and Daniel and Sam and Ruthie!! So fun.
The rest of the time I stayed in the boat and had fun watching while rest of the family had fun in the water!

Here's Isaac at the cliffs where many of the teens and some adults did some cliff diving. Isaac jumped off of little mini cliffs.
Here we have some Daniel action. He water skiied, skiid, skied, ski-ed, you get my drift, for a little while. Then he realized how long it's been since he's done it and I think he still hurts!
Isaac had fun swimming from the boat to a rock ledge where we stopped for lunch.
See how graceful he is! He gets that from his mother.
Brrrr. The water was cold!
Teeth chattering cold!
This was an impressive cliff jump by Daniel. My camera didn't take the picture until he was in the water. Isn't it an impressive bubbling of water?? My man did that! I'm so proud.
The kids found this little nook in the rocks. Daniel's sister has pictures of all her kids when they were younger in this little nook. My kids and cousins Benjamin and Caleb got in this pciture.
2 of my kiddos on the rocks where the teens did some rope swinging into the water. The littler kids climbed quite impressively high!
The kids were promised fishing by Uncle Mark. Only one cousin caught a fish. It was getting late and the water was getting choppy. No other bites!
They loved sitting on the front of the boat and looking out over the water when we went fast! So exhilerating!
Isaac got to help Uncle Mark drive the boat!
Do you think he was happy about it?
On Friday we went to the dam for a tour. You got it, we went on a dam tour. We had a great dam tour guide too. He liked our group because we talked and asked questions and laughed and stuff. He said, "thanks for being jovial" as we left. I forgot my dam camera...no pics. Then we went to Vernal to go to the Dinosaur monument. It was closed. So we went to the little visitors center.
We took a little hike around the visitors center to the living quarters for the workers.
No one would look at me for a picture!
Sam finally shook his hiney for me!
Obviously we didn't go far....
And that is officially where the camera batteries went dead!
So we couldn't get any pics of the rest of our hike, the dinosaurs all through the neighboring towns or gathering with cousins, etc.
We left Saturday earlier than planned because it was rainy and cold! Brrrr....


On the drive home, we were all a bit tired of each other and at one point we realized everyone was kinda quiet. We looked back and this is what occupied Sam....
He held the bottle of syrup and his dinosaur and didn't bug a soul!

All in all, it was a fabulous trip! We had so much fun with family and getting on the boats and out in the water. We had fun visiting, watching movies, seeing sights, playing games and catching up! Next time we have an opportunity to go to Flaming Gorge (or other water involving boats, for that matter) you can count me in!

So you see, sometimes the Universe does win.

9 comments:

Jen said...

So glad you had fun! Don't you love it when something you are dreading or nervous about, turns out to be great? Such as epiderals, scary but oh so loved. Toddlers, miniature tornados but so darn cute.

Lisa and Tate said...

Sound and Looks so much fun!

Kim said...

I am DYING over that picture of Sam - HILARIOUS!!!

I'm so glad that you had fun at the Gorge, it's one of my favorite places. And the dam tour IS especially awesome. ;-)

Great pics!!!

Laurie said...

What a fun trip! I'm so glad you let the Universe win and you got to enjoy yourself. What's with Sam's syrup?

Hollyween said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. Did you know I've never been to Flaming Gorge? Pathetic, I know.

Anonymous said...

Way to integrate an office quote into your blog! Glad you had a fun time even though you are "aquaphobic". Maybe now you're over your fear? That's a bold question. Is bold the right word? - Katie

Crissy said...

How AWESOME! So glad you had fun! Trips are so much funner and memorable when they are more enjoyable.
Thanks for the mini-trip with all the fabulous pictures! Love the feet picture!!

Mama Bear said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in what we always called "God's Country". I miss it so much, that's why I had part of it brought into my yard (that is where my boulders are from). I hope you get another chance to enjoy the Gorge with your family. Maybe be even more daring next time and do it camping. ;)

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Great pictures! I've never been there looks gorgeous! Kids look great - cute as ever! Daniel's cute too but you know that already.