Friday, August 22, 2008

Once Upon A Time... Part 11

The doorbell rang. Willie, the dog, went wild with barking. I answered the door. He came in. Oh my! He looked so good. He smelled so good. My dad shook his hand and I introduced them. "Dad, Dan. Dan, my dad." My dad mentioned his height and asked if he played basketball. (It's one of the prerequisites.) Dan said he did play. Goodnight, dad. He didn't keep me there. I could feel this was going to be different from any of the myriad of other dates I had had since my teenage years. And certainly far better than the last 2 guys. He opened the car door for me. Larena was in the backseat. We said hi, etc. We then went to pick up her date, another guy from our ward.

We planned to go to Olive Garden for dinner. We got there and the wait was about an hour. Bummer. We walked over to the mall by the restaurant to waste time. Larena and her date walked into stores and laughed and goofed off. They were having a great time. Dan and I sat on a bench and talked. He said he didn't like shopping. He really didn't like malls. I agreed. Wow. Our first official topic alone and we are in complete agreement. We watched Larena and her date and kept talking about this and that. It was finally getting close to time to get back to the restaurant.

We were seated and ordered. We all just talked and laughed and had a good time. When we were done, we decided to go to Larena's house to watch a video. We planted ourselves on the couch and watched Zorro. Dan and I just sat and watched. Every once in a while we said something to each other. I was just enjoying being next to him. I think he would happily say he felt the same way. I was so cute, after all!!

When the movie was over, Dan and I left. Larena said she would take her date home. It was nice to be alone again. We got to my house and he got out to walk me to the door. He just smiled. Oh, kill me now! I love that smile. And those eyes! I wanted to ask him to come in, but it was after midnight and I didn't know if it was appropriate to ask him in. He said he'd call me next week. We said goodnight.

Next time, I would invite him in. No matter how late it was!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Woohoo! More of the story - finally! Can't wait to hear how the next date went. It's nice that your dad approved of him right away...who wouldn't though, huh!?!

*tif* said...

I'm enjoying your story as well...should be asleep though.

Jen said...

Sounds like a great first date! Can't wait to read about the next one!

Anonymous said...

Be sure to check out our Back to School Bash going on at The Munchkin Patch!!

Crissy said...

Can you two get any Cuter than this!! Loving your story, Jennie :)