Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Once Upon A Time... Part 8

I would survive. I was stronger than I thought. I could handle anything. I knew I needed to make a few changes. My job was one big change to make. But what could I do? My dad had given me the name of a guy who was an Allstate insurance agent. He needed an office manager who spoke Spanish and who could come work for him for the long haul. My dad suggested I call him and see if this would be a good fit for me.


My Bishop asked me if I would be interested in being a temple worker. I thought for about 2 seconds, then said yes. I made an appointment and went to the Jordan temple and was set apart as an ordinance worker and would start on February 6, just a couple months away.


I also knew that my dating career was over. I realized that I didn't need to be married to be defined. As an individual, I could do anything. I felt good about my decision to be single. I told my parents and I think my mom took it hard. But more than anything, they wanted me to be happy. I was!


I got the job with Allstate. I would start at the beginning of January. I told him I was in it for the long haul. I had a plan. I would work there. I would keep my Spanish up. I would get an apartment. I would go back to school. I would work at the temple. This was an awesome plan.


I would survive. I would soon have my life changed forever. In fact, my life would be eternally changed. It's amazing the way things happen when you think you have it all finally figured out!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Of course it's going to happen when you make a plan!

Anonymous said...

But what about the goofy guy?

Jennie said...

Oh, D! The goofy guy is next!!

Crissy said...

hee hee!! Can't wait to hear about the goofy guy now!

Mama Bear said...

I'm patiently waiting for the entrance of the goofy guy!

Jen said...

Gotta love those goofy guys! Married one myself. Looking forward to hearing all about your goofy guy!

Kim said...

That is soooo how it happens! You get things figured out and settled in your mind and whoooosh...the rug gets swept out from under you and sometimes wonderful things happen.