Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Sarajune Chronicles

Well. Here we are. The eve of the Beijing Olympics. I am SOOOOO excited. I am looking forward to seeing Beijing, and China in general, over the next few weeks. I want to be there now. Right now. Not competing! I want to be there to pick up my baby. But I'm not, so I'll write a new Chronicles post.

This week our agency recieved a blow that didn't surprise me at all. Should I be worried that it didn't surprise me? Hmmm. Perhaps. Our agency was denied Hague Accreditation. What does this mean? Well, it shouldn't mean much to us because of our Log In Date (9-13-06). But it will affect us because we will need to renew paperwork again. And again. And when you renew paperwork with the USCIS (INS), you have to fill out Hague paperwork. You have to have a Hague Accredited agency to do the paperwork. It does affect us. So it does come as a blow.

I'm not emotional about it. It's another glitch in a long line of glitches in this process. We will wait for our agency to refer us to an agency that can get the paperwork through for us. Hmmm. Should I be worried? Perhaps.

A year ago I started looking into India. This time I started looking at Ethiopia. Could I send my heart to another country? I have given it some thought and realize, once again, that my heart is in China. I know that with the level of hot and bothered I get with the Olympics being in Beijing and all the press, much of it negative, and how it just breaks my heart, that China is still my only choice.

Hollywood is the worst. Other people are pretty bad. I understand the human rights issues. Believe me! I understand them. While we were preparing to go to China, we were told not to ask or talk about Tibet or Tiananmen Square and other things regarding human rights. Why? Because they most likely wouldn't know what we were talking about. And if they did, they would deny it happened. They would say their government would never allow such a thing to happen. I saw what happened on Tiananmen Square. I remember a tank going through the square amidst all the Chinese students. As I walked through Tiananmen Square, I could feel the history of a very oppressed people. But for the people, it never happened. So we didn't say a word.

As the bashing goes on, I think about the people. They are kept in the dark on so many levels. They don't have a free press. Everything is controlled. That's Communism for you. The people have nothing to do with it. The babies have no control over their own destiny. And that breaks my heart. As I can't stop the tears from coming when I think of countless children who haven't gotten a hug or kiss or a complete meal, I wish that the world would give them a chance. I wish their government would give them a chance.

I hope that China walks away from this Olympics as champions. I hope that people here can see what a strong, valiant, worthy people the Chinese are. I pray for a governmental change that will bring light to the people. The light of peace. The light of truth. The light of liberty. The light of the gospel.

My heart aches for my baby. I have empty arms. I want my family to be complete now. I know I'm not in charge of it all, though. If I were, I wouldn't be learning as much as I am. China is in our blood, in every beat of our hearts, in every glance at my children. Enjoy the Olympics! Enjoy all that you have, and even take for granted, here in America. Enjoy the peace that you feel when you are on the right path. I will. I am. Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

Crissy said...

Oh Jennie! I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. Listening to you talk about this last night, I was empathiszing the frustrations and the ups and downs of this process. Hang in there, buddy! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for this to all work out soon!! {Hugs}

Anonymous said...

Okay Jennie. No, this was not whiney. You put your thought down very nicely. I'm in tears. Thanks for giving me a lot to think about as I watch the Olympics over the next couple of weeks. -Katie

Andrea said...

I am right there with you. I had no idea WS was denied. Are they going to "fix it?" I can send you the name of the agency FFC found to do ours. It is a nightmare still. But enough of that, I love your post. We have battled on what to do. We decided that we will stick it out with China. We are adopting our daughter and her culture.

Kim said...

Oh Jennie...I'm so sorry. What a difference it makes to have the gospel in our lives. I can't help but think that if the Chinese government would let it into their lives the whole thing would be different. Hugs to you.

Laurie said...

I agree with Katie- not whining! I loved this post. It was so heartfelt. I am excited to see so much of China during the olympics.

Jen said...

Maybe the Olympics in China will turn out to be a blessing in the long run!

Things will work out and Ruthie will be holding her baby sister in her arms, before you know it!

Have fun watching the Olympics!

Mama Bear said...

I'm praying you will hold your baby in your arms soon as well. Don't you just love when our time and the Lord's time aren't the same?