Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Baby Will Be Born.

Finally an update!! Today we had our home visit for our homestudy. We told our kids that our caseworker would come and want to see all of us and ask mom and dad some questions, etc. They asked what a caseworker is. We said she is the lady who will help us get our baby. So when she came, we all sat on the couches and she asked all the questions about the house and neighborhood. My kids sat so quietly and so good. They seriously sat. Seriously! Sat! I was amazed. They loved showing off their rooms and the basement to her.

As she was leaving, one of the kids asked where our baby was. Umm. I was pretty sure I didn't say she was bringing our baby. Although I did say that if they didn't clean their rooms or if they acted like hooligans while she was here she might say, "Wow, that family shouldn't have another baby." Apparently the threat worked. I explained that we are still in the process of getting ready to have our birth mom find us. Ohhhh.

Next Thursday we will have our last pre-profile meeting at the agency. Then we should have our approval and get our profile on line. After that we'll work on our paper profile. We are getting closer to being ready. Then we will wait.

I would like to ask that if you have our last name listed on your blog to link me, that you please take it off. You can keep the link, just use my first name or the name of our blog. Thank you so much!!!

A baby will be born and we are almost ready!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Yay, another step closer! I will make sure your last name doesn't show anywhere on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Yipee! It's getting closer. My kids asked yesterday if you had five people in your family. I told them yes and that soon it would be six. They were so excited! (Can we get some eggroll with that too please?) - Katie

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Oh man-I got chills reading this! Yes- another step closer. Do they give you any idea of how long it will take?

No offense- but I can't see your kids sitting for any length of time....just wait - Mila will fit right in with your family - she's an active girl like your kids.

Can't wait to see you next week! Lisa is coming but is driving separately. Can you let us know what time you would like us there?