Friday, July 10, 2009

If The Shoe Fits...

...wear it. But if it doesn't, don't. I tried on Daniel's shoes. They were just sitting there on the floor. Waiting for a foot. Feet. So I slipped them on. I was a little overwhelmed by them.
We are getting ready for a yard sale tomorrow morning. Last night we went and put 4 signs out in various locations to advertise. Today, around 2:45 pm, I was coming home from grocery shopping and noticed that one of our signs was gone. So I drove to the other locations. Gone. I was pretty ticked! Is there some ethics code about posting signs that we didn't follow so they were removed? Was someone peeking last night as we moved stuff into our garage and got jealous of what we plan to sell and removed the competition? I went and put 2 more signs up. Someone better see them and come. We have a couch, a hutch, a sofa table, lots of clothes and other stuff. Hmm. I'd be jealous of the competition.

I don't know if I will ever do another yard sale. Too much work. Too much pressure. Too much competition. Apparently. And we are starting at 7. A. M. Way too early. So far, those shoes are a bit overwhelming. Maybe it won't be so bad when it's all over. I'll let you know tomorrow at 10 am...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the yard sale! - Katie

Jen said...

The nerve of some people! I did notice some yard sale signs on my way home tonight. Hopefully they were yours!

Good luck with the yard sale. I hope you rake in the money, because I know they are ALOT of work!