Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Make A Meal Monday...On Tuesday!

What do you do with a bag of tortilla chips that has been smashed and mashed and squashed? Well, you use your imagination. For dinner, that is. I had brought a bag of tortilla chips to have on our trip and they just ended up being smashed pieces of chips. So here's what I did....

I got all this stuff...Cheese, beans, salsa, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and the bag of smashed chips.
I then made this...
Cowboy Casserole!
My family loved it and ate it all up. How's that for imagination!?
Brown 1 lb ground beef. Drain. Add tomato sauce and spices and beans and salsa. Mix well. Add some cheese for kicks. Mix well again.
Put crushed chips on the bottom of a baking dish.
Put the mix on top.
Put more chips on top and then put more cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for, oh, say, 20 minutes.
I just put in what I had available. You can use your imagination and put in whatever you know your family will like.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Kim said...

TASTY! I've had something similar and it was good too. Good job!

Sarah said...

That looks pretty good. I'll have to try it! Thanks.

Jen said...

It's almost like nachos! Only better!

Laurie said...

mmm, yummy. I make something similar to this and we love it!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

This looks really good! The girls may actually eat it :)

Crissy said...

What's in there?!! Oh yeah, you took a photo, I'll have to relook at that! It looks delicious!!