Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Musings.

I just love it when I put on an old pair of pants that were so tight before and they now fit perfectly. Or even better..they fit loosely!! Well, I think I would love it. I really do.

I love having a clean house. With all the laundry clean and folded and the laundry baskets empty. With all the dishes clean and stacked nicely. With the floors so clean you could eat off them. With walls so spotless you could have sworn it was less than 2 years since you've painted them. Oh yeah.

I love having a quiet summer afternoon all to myself. With my clean, quiet house surrounding me, my old jeans fitting loosely around my belly and a cold caffeinated beverage in my hand. Mmm.

I love a clean car. I sure do. With no dirt, no hand prints, no squished bugs, no mud, no wrappers, no dust. And being able to listen to the kind of music I want to listen to.

REALITY:

Dirty dishes in my sink. Dirty laundry stacking up. Clean laundry that could use a good folding. Sponge Bob playing loudly on the TV. Spots on my floor. Sticky stuff on my floors. And my walls. A little person asking questions about how to cook mashed potatoes in the microwave. A sunburn on my neck. A huge ugly beet sitting on my kitchen counter. Suds on my arms from washing the filthy car. Still have a filthy car. Toys always underfoot. Unmade beds throughout the house. Happy, giggling kiddos. Smiles made bigger with our weekly summer adventures. A hose and lots of water toys always ready for action. Sore bums from riding bikes. Lots of summer memories.

I'll take the clean house, spotless car, and no laundry stacks when my kids move out. Somehow life is just too perfect right now. Except that my pants are way too tight. The cold caffeinated beverage seems to be helping.

2 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Oh man- I would just love a day when my clothes were too loose! They've been going the other way for me. So- that's when I know I must do something.

I feel like all I do when Mila is sleeping is straighten the house and my car too is a mess but you're right - so worth it and hey- your family is so fun!

Andrea said...

Sounds like our realities are one in the same. Good luck on cleaning. I am hoping to find some energy/motivation to do that my self.