Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Day In The Life.

Monday...the Dino Park. 2 days before our pass ended. You can't tell by looking at her, but Ruthie was terrified to stand next to the wooly rhino. I thought she was going to have a melt down. But we survived!
Tuesday...The first zucchini from the garden. Mmm. It was good. Fresh garlic. Butter. Salt. Mmmm... We also got to go visit my sister Katie and her kids for the day. We love playing with cousins. Sean, her hubby, was going to try to restore my hard drive. He couldn't. It needs to be opened in a clean room. Which would cost $900. We may not be getting anything from my old hard drive. Oh well.
Wednesday...We went to see Horton Hears A Who at the $1 movie with Kim and her daughter. Because of our home visit we didn't get to stay and chat. Kim gave me these 3 lady bug chocolates for my kids...they loved them! Lady bugs represent good luck in Chinese adoption. So for all of you waiting endlessly for your daughter...these lady bugs are for you!
Thursday...In preparation for the yard sale, I made these signs and then we went to put them up around the surrounding areas. I believe I already told you many of them had been removed the following day.
Friday...Isaac decided it was high time to climb the tree in the backyard. Daniel and I got to go on a date. We went to dinner and then the temple. I love going to the temple with my sweetheart.
Saturday...Yard sale day. The only yard sale day we will have. With the $22.50 we made, we got this for dinner. We had $6 left over and paid each of the kids $2 each for helping.
Sunday...Aahhh. I'm just glad church is over. See how Isaac is all upside down and crazy up in the tree? That's how many of my Sundays are. Today was a realization of a double booking of a ward campout and baptisms for 2 of our children. The boy who is supposed to get baptized that day crumpled when we made the connection in dates. We have since worked it all out. Whew!
How was your week?

2 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Wow! Seems busy! I am salivating over the zucchini. Only tomatoes and basil in my garden this year. I missed the organic garden sign up....hopefully next year.

Crissy said...

I admire you for keeping up with this Jennie!!
I have been sucked into the blackhole of summer somewhere. Still taking photos. I may have to restart somewhere fresh when I am not so busy with everything.
Keep it up! I may have to find you a unique gift for 2009 photos ;)