Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After

Pumpkin pie for breakfast! A roll with turkey in it for lunch! Pizza for dinner!
That's my "day after" post!


But, of course, there there was much more going on in my life today besides pie for breakfast.

Mmmm.

Okay. Now I'm ready. Earlier this year our ward did a fundraiser for our youth. I donated 3 "cakes". That means 3 people can commission me to make a cake for them. I don't know what they paid because the moolah went straight into the fundraising pot! Anyhoo, Kale turned 8 and I was going to do a cake for his birthday/baptism. But dates changed and so I was asked to do a cake for the baptism day. He wanted a soccer theme.
I have to say, I'm kinda talented. But. I should have put the black one on top. Oh well. Did you know that the white and the black shapes on a soccer ball are actually different shapes from each other? They are. Luckily Daniel is pretty savvy with that kind of stuff. Not a soccer ball. Shapes. He likes mine. Do you see how I put the ball in the net?? I'm so good. Actually I just follow directions well.
So the cake is done. It's in the fridge in their garage. His grandma opened the lid to see the cake. I have to say here that I haven't used boxes for my cakes until just recently. The smaller boxes I used for the hat cakes were tall enough that I didn't need to worry about the top of the hat hitting the box top. The bigger box has a smaller clearance. You see where this is going...
So I left a message for the mom to call me and tell me when I can come over and fix the top of the ball. Did I mention I'm not a professional? Well, I'm not. But I did have fun making the soccer cake.

Happy Baptism Day, Kale!

3 comments:

Crissy said...

CUTE cake Jennie!! You are so talented with food! I bet he just loved it :)
As for after Thanksgiving food. I am wishing that I fixed it, cause I am craving some left overs.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! I am thinking this could be side business for you when your kids are older!

I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast. Thankfully the pie was at Rob's house -otherwise- I would have had multiple pieces for breakfast.

L.

Kim said...

That cake is adorable! You are too good! I would like to know more about your fundraiser!