Monday, November 10, 2008

Make A Meal Monday

My sister Laurie does Make a Meal Monday. At least she did. Then she had a baby. Baby #5. She doesn't do it anymore. When I did the tagged post with the 4th picture, etc, I came to this picture...
I figure I could do a Make A Meal so you don't have to drool at the computer. Now you'll have the recipe and can drool right over your dinner plate!
Spicy Chicken Enchiladas
2 Chicken breasts
2 C grated Cheddar cheese (or Colby Jack)
1 can diced green chilies
8-10 flour tortillas
10 oz. can of mild red enchilada sauce

Bake chicken and chop or shred them. You can add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken to the cheese and chilies. Place that mixture in the flour tortillas and roll them up. Place them in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. The mixture will make about 8-10 enchiladas if you use it sparingly. Pour the enchilada sauce over the rolled enchiladas and sprinkle cheese over the top.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and the edges of the tortillas barely start to brown. (Or until they look like mine!) Mmmmmm.
This recipe came from my sister Emilie. We do a recipe exchange every Christmas and this is one of many and one of our favorites!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

But that would require me actually cooking, wouldn't it? Since it is just me around here, that ain't gonna happen! Seriously, they do look good!

Crissy said...

Sounds yummy! I will have to put that one on the menu for this week! Thanks for the recipe, Jennie :)

Mama Bear said...

Sounds wonderful, I'll have to add it to my repituare (I'm sure I spelled that wrong)!

Lisa and Tate said...

I love the make a meal monday! I will be trying this soon.

Kim said...

Oooohhh, those look so good - again! Thanks for the recipe! Keep up the Meal Monday posts - I always love new recipes! We have been doing recipe exchange in our Ward for a little over a year now. We meet once a month and have a different theme each month. It is FABULOUS!

Laurie said...

yum! I haven't had that kind of enchiladas in a long time! I really need to get me act together and get blogging again.