Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday (Monday) Gratitude/ Park City

I know. It's Monday and I said I would do Sunday Gratitude posts. Sue me! I got back from Park City yesterday afternoon to 3 kids running to me for hugs and kisses (and prizes). I love it when my kids give me hugs and kisses. And I love it when they love what I bring back for them. Then I had stuff to get caught up on so I never blogged.

Here is my Sunday (Monday) Gratitude post...

I am grateful for my family. No relationship in the world can compare to your family. And I think it can go for both bad and good relationships. I love my family.

I am grateful that Daniel took the job as my honey pie and that he loves our kids and loves me enough to let me go away for a weekend every year. I love that he cleaned the carpets while I was gone to surprise me!! I love that while I was gone there wasn't a problem so big that he said "Please come home!" He took the reigns and didn't fail! Love you!

I am grateful that my kids had a bit of a hard time because they missed me. They had fun, but they did miss me and I love that. I love that they wanted to show me everything they did over the weekend and they their faces lighted up when I reacted like it was the greatest thing in the world. I missed them and am glad I'm home.

I am grateful for a blip in the universe that allowed our adoption agency to get Hague Accreditation. Who Knew?? I am so glad I didn't get hooked into another agency to get the renewal paperwork done. For some reason it comes as a pleasant surprise and I am relieved that we can continue working with our own agency for the duration of our adoption of Sarajune.

So there you go!

Here is my post about my trip to Park City...

I brought my camera to Park City, but didn't take any pictures. I looked awesome except for the fact that my flat iron wouldn't turn on in the hotel. So I had frizzy hair. I got over it with a cold caffeinated beverage! We had a great time and tried to solve as many of the world's problems as we could in the short time we had. We ate so much so often that I don't think I could ever eat again. We watched an incredible movie called Cranford and now I need to buy it. In short, it was a great trip and I'm so glad we got to go! Thanks mom and Katie! And thanks, Annie for coming to have dinner with us!

6 comments:

Crissy said...

Love these Gratitude posts, Jennie! You will have to update me on your adoption process soon.
No PC pics?!! Oh well. Glad to hear you had a fun time in Park City!! :)

Andrea said...

That is awesome about WS, but I am jealous! I bet you will finish your renewal before us. We can't do anything until Devin gets home. It is still a mess! I am just hoping they don't kick us out after all this time.

Anonymous said...

When did you find out about the Hague accredidation? I don't remember you mentioning it. I'm so glad! Park City was great fun. I'm still recooperating!

- Katie

Momma Ballou said...

So glad you had a great time.

Mama Bear said...

Glad you had fun! We tried to get Daniel to put the kids in dirty clothes and let them run around like mad men before you got home just to shake things up, but he didn't bite apparently. I'm happy that "blip" is thinking of you and working on things in "its" own time. ;)

Kim said...

You are so good to let yourself go away for a weekend. So far I have only managed a night but I'm getting there fast. Women NEED women! We need US time! Glad to hear that your outfits worked out great, you're too cute!