Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Gratitude

I am so thankful today for Daniel's care of our family. He is a worthy priesthood holder and guides our family in righteousness. He is an excellent example to our boys of how to treat a woman and he is an excellent example to our daughter of what to expect in a husband. Daniel has always worked hard to take care of our family.

When I was in Young Women, I remember leaders always having us write lists of what we wanted in a husband one day. My list was like other girls' lists...handsome, funny, caring, tall, loves children, makes a lot of money, etc, etc. When I met Daniel my list was completely null and void. What I thought I wanted was insignificant compared to what I had right in front of me. Don't get me wrong...He's handsome, funny, loves children, etc. But there are some things that take a back seat when you realize what is more important than anything else in a husband. That his family comes first and that his priority is to care for his family. I am the luckiest girl in the world. I love you Daniel and am so glad you're mine!!

3 comments:

Crissy said...

So True! Wonderful post, Jennie! I think we all realize what truly matters when we grow older and understand things better.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I have to meet this man! I can tell by what you write/say, how the kids talk about him, etc. that he is an amazing man!

Rob always says "I wish I would have met you earlier" and I say " I wouldn't have appreciated you." And -it's true. It has taken many years to get to this point but I am thankful I am here. You are lucky that you got Daniel first try (well- okay after a couple of creepy ones :). Either way- it's neat to see how much you appreciate him and I can tell - he appreciates you!

Kim said...

You know... Daniel is lucky too! Isn't it so great to have such a wonderful husband?!?! I completely understand.