Tuesday, November 4, 2008

WOW! Do I Have Some Catching Up To Do!

It's been a tornado weekend. And so far I am letting so many things just go this morning so I can catch up!! I will tell our tale with pictures...
Yikes!! Who is that masked man?? Oh, it's just Sam. Goofball Sam.
Eek!! Look at those teeth! She's always had such beautiful teeth. Now they're just bigger! And sharper!
Halloween night we had a jack-o-lantern pizza. Yum!
For dessert, we had Twinkie coffins. Mmmm...
Tick or Treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat.
This is my son the martian and my daughter the princess.
Ready for action!!
Isaac thought he'd stay home and help pass out treats. He set up camp on the broken bench on the front porch and passed out pretzels to our 9 trick or treaters.
Saturday was full of cake making. November is filled with birthdays...Ruthie and cousins Nick and Maddie.
For 11 year old Nick, I delighted with the lava fight scene from Star Wars. It's been so long since I've seen the movie that I don't know what to call it. I also couldn't get Anakin to stand up.
Nick thought the cake was Awesome!! Thanks, Nick.
His mom apparently did get Anakin to stand up!
We interrupt this blog for a special announcement...
When Daniel went to my sister Laurie and took the new baby John, I knew it was time to make it known..
Yep! We are both baby hungry!
But when I said, "Should I go and see if we can reverse my ligation?" Daniel quickly said, "NO!" I guess the idea of his second wife raising my kids stifled his baby appetite.
Next we have Madelyn. She turns 6. Her favorite color is green. So I fashioned a nice green hat for her.
She's not a demon. I forgot the red eye button. By the time I got it pushed, her turn was over. Darn. She liked her cake, too.
Then comes my birthday girl. Because Ruthie is a Strawberry Shortcake kinda girl, I made a Strawberry Shortcake hat. YAY! MOM!
She loved it and is so happy I'm her mom. I'm awesome!
Every time I tried to take a picture, she would pose, then the flash would do all the fancy red eye stuff, then finally snap the picture. By the time the thing snapped, she had moved on to totally bored! This picture was supposed to be Ruthie blowing out her candles!
Notice they are all blown out and she's ready to go home. Whew! That was fun.
Monday morning brought lots of work. 4 of us went to the church to get all the seating arranged for the Primary Program this Sunday. That was a lot of work and my friend Lori had to basically tell me to chill and that the seating is okay. I know! I need to take a chill pill.
After school, we hightailed it over to the Insta-care to get Sam's cast off. 4 weeks down! It took the doctor quite a while to get it off. Apparently it was the thickest cast he's ever seen. Good job last doctor! He finally got it off and Sam said. "Throw it away!" Then he changed his mind and went and got it from the trash!
Um! Gross! So he threw it away again and went to get another x-ray.
When he got back, we waited for the doctor to come tell us the verdict. We all tried to offer our thoughts for the new cast color. You know, just in case he hadn't healed up yet. Red, green, orange, blue again, yellow, and my personal favorite, pink!
Luckily his bone is pretty much healed. He has to be careful for the next month. If he falls on it, we have to bring him right back for another cast. It will be easily broken. So we won't be jumping off swings or hanging from monkey bars. He even gets to take a real shower again!!

And, of course, my kids were angels through it all. They just sat and read books during the 2 hours we were in that stuffy building!
Alright! No they weren't. But they are dang cute!

3 comments:

Crissy said...

What a Fun and Busy week you must have had. Lots of fun pictures here, Jennie! Love all the cakes too! You are so talented with cooking. Glad to see that Sam's arms are healed up.

Mama Bear said...

Your cakes turned out wonderfully! It looks like it was pretty busy! Yeah, seating is done..Yeah, no more cast for Sam...Yeah, no second wife raising kids! Busy but good right!

Kim said...

Your cakes are gorgeous. You are too creative! I'm almost embarassed to do my next post about our cousin's birthday party cake - don't look! I'm glad that Sam's arm is healed. There's nothing like that first shower without a cast or brace or stitches. Good luck on your program! Ours is on the 17th, cross your fingers for us!