Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Gratitude

I have seen a few blogs with gratitude posts because of the time of year. I love reading others' posts, but didn't even think about doing it. I feel very inspired, though, to share with you today some things that I am extremely grateful for.

First, today I am grateful for a wonderful calling at church to be with the children each week. We had our Primary Program today and they were amazing. I wish all of you who read this could have been there. They were reverent. They sang awesomely. They said their parts clearly and loudly. There is not one thing I would change about today! WOW!! We have the best Primary kids in the world and they showed us today what magnificent spirits they are!

Second, I am grateful for my own children. They are the most terrific kids in the world. I wouldn't change who they are or what makes them tick for anything. They love each other and they support each other. They are my life and heart. My kids are the greatest and bestest of all the kids there are!! And they are so dang cute!

Third, and finally, I am grateful today for my husband. When I asked him to step in if a teacher couldn't come up to sit with the kids, he replied, as he always does, with, "Of course. I will be happy to." And he did. That goes for everything he does here at home, too. He always steps up and gives me the most tremendous support and help. Thank you, Daniel. I love you and am so grateful for you!!

My new goal is to do a Sunday Gratitude post. Have a wonderful Sunday!

7 comments:

Crissy said...

What a great way to start off your week, Jennie! You have such a cute family! You and your family are such great examples to this neighborhood/ward.
I am thankful to have such an inspirational friend like you. Have a great week!!

Jen said...

I love to hear you speak about the Primary kids in our ward. We have such great teachers and leaders who serve in Primary and I am eternally thankful. I told Lori today, that this Primary Program was one of the best that I have ever seen! Great job!

Sarah said...

it went great! and the kids did awesome. even the little ones. you guys are so good! thanks for being amazing leaders for our children!

oh and i like the idea of a gratitude sunday post. i think i'll have to do it too. :)

Lisa and Tate said...

You know I love the reading other people's gratitude posts.... Thank you for sharing yours.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I love that! And- I need to do that more often! I used to keep a gratitude journal but- I stopped. It was mostly when I was working through my feelings of being separated from Jason.

I do have a lot to be thankful for so- I may need to copy you! What I am thankful for tonight? A 13 year old (Shanna) crawled into my lap tonight and let me rock her like a baby- jokingly of course- but- she loved the attention and I loved that I could snuggle with a 13 year old...

Mama Bear said...

I love that so many others are doing gratitude posts. It helps me feel so much more in the spirit of the season when I read about how gratitude is still alive in our society! Yesterday went great and I'm glad its over! Now on to the next project right. I should have committed to once a week, I'm hoping I don't get too lame trying to do it daily! You are awesome!!!!

Kim said...

I'm so happy for you that your Program is done. What a relief! I am looking forward to our kids doing theirs this Sunday. I can't wait to see them do their parts and to hear them sing! It literally brings tears to my eyes during practices - I'll be taking tissues with me! What a beautiful post you did on gratitude. You have a great family because they have a super-great mom/wife.