Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday's Thoughts...

Have you ever seen antelope? I have. Have you ever eaten antelope? I have. Yes. I have. Daniel brought in a wrapped frozen roast from our good friends next door and said it was a roast. An antelope roast. So we thawed it and put it in the crock pot and had it for dinner on Tuesday. It was good. My kids ate it even though they looked a little worried that it was antelope. Thanks, Jeff and Amie!
Ruthie has successfully turned 5. She is suddenly much more mature and ready to take on the real struggles of life. Well, you know, the 5 year old struggles...which pink shirt do I wear? Should I have my hair down or up in a bun? Do I sleep with a baby doll or a stuffed animal? And so on. My baby is growing up!
Then there is my castless Sam. He was so excited to get it off. Then he wants it back on. So he fashioned himself a cast out of a water bottle. He wore it for a little while. Then it disappeared and I haven't heard anymore about a cast.
Isaac made some really funny movies last night. I just can't upload them. Or download them. Whatever. Yay for Thursday...my shows are on tonight!

7 comments:

Crissy said...

Awwww! To be 5 again! What a sweet princess she is.
I still need to get myself hooked on those Thursday Shows of yours. I have a DVD player now! YAY!! :)

Kim said...

You are brave to eat antelope. That is one I haven't tried. I'm not going to suggest it to Shane either. I'm glad to hear that it was good though.

Lisa and Tate said...

I am not sure if I could have done the antelope... I know it is all in the mind.

Struggles of a five year old life.... too funny! Glad your little man is cast free!!

Jen said...

As you know, I am from the land of the antelope and the antelope one shot competition. You are definitely braver than me. I hate antelope. My dad never hunted them because we thought they tasted too gamey and sage brushy.
I hear it's good as jerky, though. But I hate jerky also.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I cannot believe Ruthie is 5!!!!! my - how time flies! How long have we known each other? 2 years right? I swear I remember when she was 3.

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday to Ruthie! SHe is growing up so fast!

Mama Bear said...

Antelope is okay, although I'm sure you make it taste really good. I would highly recommend elk and especially moose...mmmm! Your kids crack me up!