Saturday, November 22, 2008

Freckles

When I was young, I remember asking my mom when my freckles would disappear. She said, "When you have kids." Very enlightening. So I suffered through the taunts of Freckle Face, Angel Kisses, Sun Spots, What Is That On Your Arms?? I've had them all my life.

Fast forward to 2000!

I can see that my baby Isaac is going to be one of the angel kissed people in the world. Freckles. But wait! I still have mine. What the heck?! Wait. It's okay. I kinda like mine.

Fast forward to 2008!

Sam has only a freckle or 2. Ruthie, well, Ruthie, doesn't. So she asks me 2 days ago, "Mom, when are me and Sam going to get freckles?"

I love that my girl thinks they should all have freckles like their mom. I love that she wants them. I don't know if I love it when she presses her finger into my arm so there will be a white dot and it makes her giggle hysterically. Mom's skin is so weird.

4 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I love your freckles!! I think they make you look exotic! Definitely a unique characteristc- I bet Daniel loves them.

L.

Crissy said...

I can't tell you how much I wanted them when I was younger. My stepsister has tons of them, I was so jealous! I wanted some too!
They look so much better then these stinkin' pimples I keep getting! Did you see the one in between my eyes the other day? Still there! Grrrrr!!

Mama Bear said...

I feel you on the freckles! That's funny about Ruthie.

Kim said...

Hehe. that's hilarious that Ruthie wants your freckles. I have freckles too.