Friday, November 21, 2008

Oodles of Noodles

I bought Kung Fu Panda for my kids right before I left town last week. When I got home Sunday night, all they talked about was Po and all the kung fu stuff and....noodles. There is a special feature that shows you how they make the noodles for noodle soup that Po and his dad sell.

So yesterday Isaac says he knows what he wants to do when he grows up....

"I want to move to China and make noodles and then sell them."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. And I'll get really rich."

"Okay."

"But I might get really bored after a while."

"Oh, well, you could go to an orphanage and help all the babies."

Isaac's eyes got really big...

"I could go in and teach the babies how to make noodles and then they can help me!"

"Umm. Okay. I was thinking more along the lines of playing with them and seeing what you could do to help them be healthy and strong so that they can be adopted and will be ready for their moms and dads."

"Well, maybe I won't go to China. Maybe I'll just be a dad."

So there you go. My son. What else can I say.


And on a separate note...Did my Once Upon a Time post leave you all speechless?? Or typeless? I know you are reading my blog. I know it! I feel it in my bones. Or whatever. Leave me a comment. That's all I ask. Just let me know you came by, liked what you read, like me. Boost my withering self esteem and COMMENT!!! Sheesh.

Just kidding about my self esteem. I love myself dearly and think I'm the best thing ever. But I'm not kidding about commenting. C'mon. Let me know you've been here!!!

3 comments:

Crissy said...

How cute! Love those priceless conversations with kids.

P.S. I Commented!! I DID!! I promise!! ;)

Misty said...

Hey, I bet your trip went by way too fast! I'm already looking forward to next year's trip with my fam. I hope you know you did a fabulous job on the Primary Program! Way to go! Isaac is so cute! It's amazing how their little minds work! Take care!

Kim said...

Kung Foo Panda was awesome...I love Jack Black most of the time. I'll buy Isaac's noodles.