Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm Leavin'

But not on a jet plane. It's become a tradition for all the women in my family to go to St George together in the Fall. We eat, we shop, we watch great movies all night. This year would be no different until....people started dropping like flies! Sheesh! The final blow was the sister with access to the house we stay in dropping out. Bummer. So my last sister standing and my mom and I made an executive decision. We're going to Park City. I haven't been to Park City since I was first pregnant with Isaac. So...it's been a while. We are all meeting there tomorrow and won't get home till Sunday afternoon. And yes, I did strategically plan this for the weekend after the Primary program!

Part of the prep is to design my weekend wardrobe. So, all this week I have been looking at the possibilities. At one point I was very disappointed. But I got over it and put together this:


My Friday, my Saturday, and my Sunday outfits. I have to make sure I have enough warmth to not wear a jacket. Cause I hate wearing jackets. And enough cool comfort to be going in and out of stores, etc. I think these will work. I'll let you know for sure when I get back.

So yesterday I told Daniel-the love of my life, my daily dose of joy, my hunk o burnin' love, etc, etc-all the wardrobe choices I had made. He didn't say much. So last night after we got into bed, I asked him what he thought of my clothing repertoire. He just hemmed and hawed. Then he says,

"I just pick a pair of pants, a shirt that's clean and a pair of socks and some shoes."

"I'm not talking about YOU!"

"I don't care what you wear, I won't see you."

"But other people will."

"What people?"

"The people I see in Park City."

"You won't even know them."

"Doesn't matter, I need to know that I look nice. That way if I do see someone I know, like, someone I haven't seen for years, I will look good. They'll walk away going, wow she looked great!"

"Women are weird. You only dress to please other women who don't really care, but you think they care, so you dress in what you think they'll like."

"So?"

"So just pick some pants, a shirt and some socks and shoes."

"You don't understand. This is very important. Just answer my question! In the clothes that I picked, will I look good?"

"Yes. You'll look good. You'll look good naked. I don't care what you wear. You always look good."

"Hmmm. I'm not going naked! Will. I. Look. Good. In. What. I've. Chosen. It's a simple question. Just answer it!"

"I plead the 5th."

"The 5th what?? For cryin out loud! The 5th Ammendment doesn't have any hold in this house!"

"I'm tired and want to go to sleep."

Silence....

"You will look good in what you've chosen. Because you always look good no matter what!"

"Thanks. I love you."

"I love you, too"

"So, are you going to miss me?"

"GO TO SLEEP!"

So there you have it. Late night conversations. I feel good about my choices. I'm excited to go dress nice for other women who don't care what I wear, but I think they do, so I arrange my wardrobe around them, but no one will even remember the hot girl in the bright blue, awesome vest who looks awesome in it. Doesn't it sound like fun?? Have a great weekend. And if you go to the same place I do on Sunday and you notice no one's hair is combed and teeth haven't been brushed, don't blame me. I'll be on vacation!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like fun...Hope you get some great deals.

Crissy said...

I LOVE Park City! My home town I grew up in for 8 years (very endearing years of my life) However, I would never back there. Too expensive to live there.
You will look absolutely fabulous, Buddy! You look great in vests. Have a fun time!!

Mama Bear said...

Enjoy your time off! I love that all it takes is one look at kids and you know if it was mom or dad that got them ready!

Momma Ballou said...

When I'm dressed nicely, I feel better about myself and my day goes better. SO I know what you mean. I love all the outfits. Especially the blue vest. Have a blast and don't forget to get a Baked apple pie caramel apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kim said...

You are too funny! That's exactly what I think when someone says "I'm Leaving" - I immediately think - on a jet plane.

You will look fabulous! You get gussied up for yourself - at least I do. I really do feel better when I match and I look cute, I think most women do.

Have so much fun! Don't worry...whenever kids come to church with just their dads other people understand and don't hold it against them or the moms. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, now I know what to wear to coordinate with you! Or what not to wear so we don't embarass ourselves. Hmm... gotta go plan my wardrobe now. Park City here we come! - Katie

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the St. George thing but - great about Park City! Visit the outlet malls for me....they are my favorite!

Why don't men care about what they wear? It's so weird to me. But- as I get older I am caring less too :)

Anonymous said...

The last post we me -Leanne

Kristi said...

Beyond your chosen outfits I have to tell you that I love your hair, it always looks great. I think good hair makes most outfits look good.