Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cheap Entertainment


This weekend has been a little rough on Ruthie. She threw up a couple of times and had the runs. She is finally done, though, and this morning came running into my room and jumped into bed with me to prove she was feeling better. As she got snuggly in bed with me, she pulled out a little flashlight and said she wanted to tell Spooky Stories. Okay. I ask her if she has a spooky story. Yep, she says. She turns on the flashlight and puts in under her chin and begins the scary tale of a Princess. That's so not spooky. She begins The 3 Bears. Hmm. Not really a spooky story. So I tell her it needs to be scary. Okay, she says, how about you tell the story of the Big Bad Wolf. Hmmm. I don't think she really gets the spooky part. Alright. So she shines the flashlight on my chin and I begin the story. Once upon a time, there were 3 pigs who were ready to go out on their own... I get to the part where the first pig buys some straw for $100 and Ruthie begins to tell her own version of the tale at 200 mph giggling all the way! I say, who's telling the story?? She stopped. So I get to the the part about the chinny chin chin. The girl has a giggle fit to end all giggle fits. So we finally got through the story and giggled and hugged and then had to get up to get our boys ready for school. Sometimes the best entertainment is the cheap, homemade kind!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun! I love moments like that. They're some of the best.

Kim said...

Soo soo sweet! How fun to have a giggly little girl! I love the flash-light face - cute pic.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I have evidence -she is a funny gal! And so are your boys! I love the Dredge clan- they're a sparky bunch! I love that there can be loud times! I am assuming my house will not be quiet/calm in why little one comes so- I feel right at home in your house!

L.

Crissy said...

How CUTE! I love those moments! So Priceless :)