Sunday, September 7, 2008

When do 3 kids feel like 3 bazillion?
Right in the middle of Sacrament Meeting!


That was today's joke, by the way. My kids right now are playing hide the tack. Not hide the penny or hide the stuffed animal. No. Hide the thumbtack. I went in to see what all the excitement was about and Isaac was rolling around on the floor saying, "Hotter, hotter!" So I asked if the tack was somewhere where I could step on it and get hurt? He said No, it's in a spot where he is in complete control. So there you go! Hide the Tack. The new game at our house!


8 comments:

Crissy said...

What a fun game!

You know, there is some "quiet game" meant for sacrament that they sell at Deseret Book. I always think about buying one. It's a plastic back full of all these little items and you have your kids find these certain items. I wonder how long that would last for my kids and keep them quiet.

Sarah said...

thumb tack, nice!

Jen said...

I had a friend that played "hide the tack" in our sixth grade classroom. He hid it on our teachers seat. She had a very large bum and didn't even notice it for a while. Because of that event, I now check my seat for tacks. (both "seats", that is)

Single Women Adopting Children said...

We made up a lot of childhood games in my day but never "hide the tack!" They goodness no one stepped on it! Love the creativity of those kids!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the creativity! If only they could be so preoccupied during Sacrament Meeting, right? - Katie

Kim said...

I'm loving this picture! Nice game...kids are too funny.

My mom (who had 6 kids) said that if you have 3 kids you might as well have lots more because everything is just always craziness.

Misty said...

I didn't even notice! Probably because mine felt like that much. We just took chett's binkie away last week when he started pre-school. He has been doing great, but Sunday he decided he needed it during Sacrament Meeting. Of course I couldn't give in, so we ended up outside, inside and almost on the stand with Dad. Yes, I feel your pain! Each week is a new week. Hopefully Next week will be better!

Laurie said...

Haha! Very clever kids!