Saturday, September 13, 2008

All I Want For Christmas...

Last night we went to a BBQ for Daniel's work. Argentinian BBQ. YUM! They rented 3 bouncy thingys for the kids and that's all my kids did. At one point Sam came to me with a tear in his eye, hands that were shaking and a napkin in his mouth with blood on it. He had lost the other front tooth. Remember what happened to the first front tooth...refer to this post if you forgot. He had been bouncing on one of the bouncy thingys and his tooth got stuck in the netting on top of the slide part that is there to keep the kids from bouncing. A lot of good that did.
So as we are driving home late last night, Sam says, "All I want for Christmas is 3 Godzilla movies, a Godzilla toy, another Godzilla toy, another Godzilla toy, 2 more Godzilla movies and my two front teeth!" Got it, Godzillas and teeth. Oh, and no more bouncy things or nets.

On another note. I figure I should explain something I wrote in this post. Considering my mother in law doesn't smell like moth balls, I thought I should give some background. I didn't meet Daniel's parents until I was about 4 months pregnant with Isaac. They had been serving a mission in Vietnam. While they were gone, everything they owned had been packed away in moth balls. So every time I went into their house while they were away, that's all I could smell. She wasn't even home, but when I smell moth balls, it reminds me of my mother in law. You should meet her. She's a very nice lady. What's really weird is that Daniel's brother Stephen and his family were living there while his parents were gone. I don't have a moth ball connection to any of them.

Maybe I'm the weird one after all. But at least I don't get my teeth knocked out on trampolines and other bouncy thingys.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

What a cute toothless grin!
How was the excursion out and about today?

Jennie said...

Andrea--We had a ton o fun! I didn't even cry! Hope you are doing ok.

Lisa and Tate said...

Happy 24 months!!! I know it was a hard day to "celebrate" but you really are getting closer.

What is it that makes a smile missing two front teeth so adorable? He is sooo adorable!

Lisa

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Wow- that sounds like it hurt! Hoping the teeth come in soon!

Mama Bear said...

Man, Sam has the worst luck when it comes to ways to loose teeth. I guess they make great stories later!

Crissy said...

Oh my GOODNESS!! Well, I hope he gets them in time for Christmas ;) Maybe you need to get some Christmas picture taken soon! hee hee! Glad he is ok!

Laurie said...

Ouch, doesn't sound like an easy way to get a tooth out! He is sure cute though!

Oh, and I got the Nikon CoolPix like yours. I love it!

Kim said...

Poor Sam - OUCHIE! That HAD to hurt! That's funny - Godzilla and teeth for Christmas.