Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday afternoon...

Here's the set up. No one else is sick at our house. Ruthie is over it, Daniel had a small bout yesterday and the boys and I didn't get it. So Daniel is at work. Although he could come home at anytime in the next couple hours and I'd be happy. The boys are at school. ("I don't care if you think you'll be sick, if you're not puking or have diarrhea, you are going to school!") And Ruthie was invited to go to her friend's house. So here I am. At home. Alone. For 2 more hours. Now here is a brief list of things I could get accomplished...pass out the Primary Program parts to the moms of the kids who weren't in Primary Sunday, make my bed, continue to case lot buy, clean the house, organize the food storage mess in the basement, open the blinds, read a book, watch a couple episodes of The Office, watch a chick flick...oh the list could go on and on. But as I have been sitting in the house all alone, very quiet, I figure I deserve a treat! So I ran to the store and bought myself a box of Ding Dongs. Oh yes, Ding Dongs. Just for me. There may not be any left when they all come home.
I don't have to share what they don't know I have. If I have any left, that is. Maybe I will sit and watch mindless TV for a bit. Are you enjoying your Tuesday afternoon? And, yes, I did eat one in the car on my way home from the store. Why do you ask?

8 comments:

Hollyween said...

Oh, ding dongs. I adore them. There was this really skinny, gorgeous girl I used to work with who ate ding dongs all day and I used to secretly hate her for being able to do it.

You're my kind of friend for doing a post all about ding dongs. I knew we were destined to be friends.

And now I must catch up on the rest of your blog. Don't worry. It's not just you I'm behind on.

Mama Bear said...

Enjoy your down time!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Ding dongs are my favorite! I can't have them in the house though - I would eat the whole box.

Kim said...

You rule. Don't share...there's so little that we can call our own these days.

Lisa and Tate said...

For days now I have had my butt planted on the couch waiting for referral news, reading blogs, postponing doing any work around here....

I did buy some food storage stuff on Friday, though.

Lisa

Misty said...

That quiet time is like gold! It is spent way too fast! There are so many things to do and sometimes we just need me time! Fun for you!

Sarah said...

lol! good for you.

Crissy said...

LOL!! I LOVE it!! One of the parts I enjoyed when my girls went back to school. At least then I only had to share with one person :) I love Ding Dongs!!