Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mother of the Cub

My blog has had a suprising lack of pictures lately. Last night I went out to a cooking show and missed Pack meeting where Isaac got his Bobcat badge. So I went to the camera to see the picture one of the boys took of Daniel and Isaac. I'll show it to you later. I realized that I haven't put any of his fun Cub Scout pictures on!! What an outrage. So this post is dedicated to my first born. To the boy who made me a mom. To the boy who has my freckles. To the boy who made an awesome car for the Pinewood Derby. To the boy who can build cities and towns with a handful of Legos. To the boy whose smile melts my heart. To the boy who never throws away his Capri Sun wrappers....


Here he is at day camp earlier this summer. He had a blast and Daniel got to go with him. Here he is walking an unsteady rope that hangs over crocodile infested waters. The rapids in the crocodile infested waters are strong enough to take your life before the crocs get to you. He smiles because he knows how to outwit croc infested rapids! Needless to say, he made it across safely and without injury. Some of the other boys weren't so lucky.
Remember the crocodiles? Yeah. Someone had to take them out. Isaac was a crackshot with the BB gun. He took down 17 crocs with just a smattering of BBs. The other boys didn't take it as seriously as my son. If only there was a window in the visor of his LA hat. The concentration on his face would have sent the crocs running before shots were fired!
Isn't he handsome?? You know that he looks just like his mom? He sure is cute. If he would just let his hair grow and then let me put a pink bow in it... or a braided headband on his forehead... he would look just like...me.

He chose a Hot Wheels-Train motif for the Derby. His race time came in 6th of 237 cars. Not too shabby! He also won a certificate for biggest car. Next year I think he'll go for a sleeker look. Just as long as it's fast! Flames will most likely still be involved.
The big moment his mom missed! He finished the requirements for his Bobcat a couple months ago, but we haven't had regular pack meeting to get it. Dad is especially proud. He also earned the BB gun shooting belt loop and the archery belt loop. That's what you get when you shoot so many crocs and then use the bow and arrow to hunt lunch for everyone! Mmm...fire roasted rabbit. Smile, Isaac!! Sheesh!
And then there's his dad! Wowzers!! Be still my beating heart. Which reminds me...I need to post the next part of Once Upon A Time. How about tomorrow? See you then and have a great day!

6 comments:

Kim said...

You are the most fun mom ever! I bet your house is fun all the time (well, most of the time;-) He did so great!

Laurie said...

6th out of 237?! Wow, is the derby a stake thing? I'll be posting about Joey's first Derby soon.

Issac- awesome car and congratulations of 6th place- that is great!

Jennie said...

Actually it was only 23. But still!!

Crissy said...

Congrats to Isaac on his Bobcat Badge and also being 6th place! That is SOO AWESOME!! He is so lucky to have his dad be the Cubscouts leader too!
Glad there were some pictures waiting for you! I promise I won't steal you away again on special nights like that! ;)

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Handsome men you got there! Love the boyscott pictures.....sounds like a great activity for him & for Daniel! Will Ruthie do girlscouts?

Jen said...

Congratulations Isaac! Keep up the good work!

Can I just tell ya... I'm so glad I didn't have to day camp this year! I've had to fill in the TWO previous years!