Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Once Upon A Time... Part 13

I need to pause the story and back up a little on this week that just passed. Dan had been doing some research of Diabetes. He was worried about going on in this relationship if this little thing I've got would cause tragedy and woe later on. After all, why continue a relationship if it's not the right one? Was I the right one? He got as much information as one could possibly get without drawing attention to oneself. He finally decided that it didn't matter. I was worth it!

Each of us, on our own time and in our own way, knew by Saturday that this was it. I was his T.O., he was my T.O. We each spent time in the temple, praying and Dan did lots of fasting. (I can't fast) So we both were on the same page but still not saying anything out loud. And especially not saying anything to each other. But Saturday awaits.....

My mom asked if I was going out with Doug again. Um. Doug? You mean Dan? "Oh, I thought his name was Doug!" Nope. Always been Dan. Lovely, lovely Dan. She asked if things were getting serious. This was just our third date coming up. Maybe she sensed what Dan and I had already decided. This is it!

Saturday night came and he came to the door to get me. As soon as I saw him I KNEW he was The One! No denying it! I said goodbye to my parents and we were off. He smelled so good. He looked so good. He was definitely my T.O. He wanted to take me to the Macaroni Grill, a new restaurant. When we got there the wait time was horrendous. We were hungry. So we went to Marie Calandar's instead. As we walked through the parking lot, we were walking close to each other and I wanted to just reach out and hold his hand. I didn't know what to do. Would he think I was way too forward? What if he doesn't even like holding hands? What if he didn't want to hold my hand?

Then we were going inside. Darn. Opportunity gone! But, I knew that I would get to hold his hand sometime. Especially if he were feeling the same way I did! That would be my goal!

We were seated and we just talked. Although this time it got a little more personal. We got on the subject of quirks. You know, the weird little things that we do that maybe no one really sees or knows about. He outlines things with his eyes. Very strange. I do everything in evens. Even stranger. Hmmm. Maybe I'll share that strangeness with you sometime. Not now. There are other things to discuss. We talked for a very long time. Finally it was time to go.

We went to what was the 49th Street Galleria. I think it was the Fun Dome, though. Now it's a pet center. We played Miniature Golf. We talked and talked and Daniel won. I let him. I'm nice like that. I figured I would stroke his ego. Cause I'm really good at miniature golf. Stop snickering!

We played some video games then we decided to go. We went back to my house to talk. Again. We talked for a long time about lots of things. I knew I wanted to talk to him forever. When it was time for him to go, he gave me a hug and said he'd call me Sunday. He did. Then he called me Thursday to plan a date for Saturday. This was definitely what I wanted. Everything felt right. Everything was right.

So what will happen next?? Another date? Then another date? Then another? And on and on? Or will we finally say out loud what we were screaming inside? This was the greatest time of my life. I had only just met Dan 20 days earlier. And I had known for just days that he really was The One! So what will the next weekend bring for us?.....

6 comments:

Crissy said...

What a fun date! I LOVED the 49th st Galleria! So many fun memories there as a kid :)
That is so cute about the holding hands thing. It's one of those moments of "Who is going to be the first one to reach out and grab hands?" :)
Can't wait for the next one!

Sarah said...

I loved the 49th street galleria! It was so much fun.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Okay- once again- you're the best story teller in the world- you leave us sitting at the edge of our seat. Couple comments:

1. I am sucker for a guy that smells nice- Rob smells nice (of course I had to encourage him to wear cologne but who's counting)
2. Diabetes- who cares? You're a great catch! I am sure he saw you would be a great mom & wife!
3. I love how it's evident how much you love each other- even after all these years! It doesn't always happen like that when you find the one so quickly! So blessed!

Can't wait to hear more!

Kim said...

The 49th street galleria was fun. We went there when we were visiting SLC many many years ago.

You should have held his hand! (Of course, this is the forward me talking...the one that kissed Shane on our second date.) Loving this story!!!

Hollyween said...

Yes. You should have held his hand. And I loved the 49th street galleria. I went on a horrible blind date there and bungy jumped. Bungy juming... good. Date, bad.

Laurie said...

oh, so cute!At what point did it turn from "Dan" to "Daniel"?