Monday, September 29, 2008

I Need More Of Me!

My sister was here visiting with her 4 kiddos a couple of weeks ago (Hi Katie!) and when I mentioned that I'd like a nanny and a chef, etc, she recommended clones. Now I've never really thought cloning was a good idea. Have you seen Multiplicity?? So many unpleasantries. But Katie may have a point. Let's visit all that the mommy has to do in a day...

*Laundry...Neverending!

*Homework...I was already in first and third grade, do I really have to do it all again?

*Meals...Why are they always hungry?

*Dishes...It all goes back to the meal thing.

*Shower night...Children should be able to lick themselves clean, right?

*Floor cleaning...Between feeding them and all the stuff they track in from the backyard...Sheesh!

*Taxi-ing to school, preschool, activities, etc...I'm not so concerned about the gas as much as I thought my title was "Stay At Home Mom".

*Gardening...The hubby would like to comment on this, but I would just like to say that I THINK about getting out there...

*Bed making...Don't we just have to get back in them?

*Vacuuming...I would like to refer you back to Floor Cleaning.

*Bathroom cleaning...YUCK!

*Wall washing...Seriously?

*Baseboard washing...Are you really supposed to wash them?

*Home lunch to be made for school...Isn't that why I paid an arm and a leg for the school lunch cards?

*Window washing...I already know what the outside looks like, do I have to be able to see it clearly, too?

*Car cleaning...I have 3 children! C'mon!

*Blogging...I find a certain need to do it!

*Grocery shopping...And this entails: matching prices in ads, clipping coupons and making detailed lists. It's not a job for sissies.

*Primary stuff...Oh, WOW!

*Wifely stuff...It's fine. I am currently certified.

*Nurse duties...I'm not currently certified.

*Psychiatric duties...Again, not currently certified.

*Background checks on the kids' friends...Well, making sure the kids are decent and nice.

*Refereeing the fights...Can't we all just get along?

At this point I could go on for several more moments. But I think you get the point. So here is my plan. I will clone myself into at least 20 me s. I think I'm pretty cute and fun and stuff, So I don't see a big deal having so many of me around. With all those other Jennies I will be able to get focused on only one thing. And when I decide what the one thing is, I may let you know. But if you can't tell which is the real me, it won't matter. I could flitter around each day and just pick what sounds super great! Right now, I want a nap. The whole thing just makes me tired.

7 comments:

Mama Bear said...

I think the nap is a good idea for the original Jennie to be doing while the clones do all that other stuff!

Jen said...

I'm tired. We do too much.

Sarah said...

very well said! i got tired just reading it. and i love the whole bed making thing- i agree totally!

Momma Ballou said...

Ditto!
I just got back from the grocery store. I need a nap just from doing that! AND, they over charged me. Arghhhhhhhh

Kim said...

I'm with you on the wall-washing and baseboard cleaning stuff...don't you just do that when you sell your house?

Misty said...

I think if we were paid, we'd be millionaires for all we do! However, our payment is our sweet families, of course. We sure do a lot as mothers. I would love a maid too!

Crissy said...

OH!! I Hear you, Girl!! This week would have been one of those that would have been perfect for me to have a few extra. And a nap would be so great! Never mind the fact that I just got up an hour and a half ago ;)