Friday, October 3, 2008

Freaky Friday!

Well, it's really Thursday's dinner and I know I'm 4 weeks too early. But these Mummy Yummy dogs were irresistible. I mean seriously! Easy. Cheap. I had the ingredients. My kids loved them. Introducing Yummy Mummies (from The Taste Of Home Show)



This is Isaac's mummy. Notice the trail of "blood". (Ketchup is so great!) Apparently this mummy was shot in the middle and the blood oozed out. Love it!
Sam's mummy had the same thing happen. I think this mummy's "blood" was thicker than Isaac's mummy's. Who can be sure. I didn't even realize mummies had blood. I mean, haven't they been dead for thousands of years??
They are hot dogs, after all. Ruthie was too hungry to wait for pictures. The "blood" was easy enough to wipe the mummy through to make a tasty entree.
Yummy Mummies
8 hot dogs
1 package crescent rolls (the original recipe used Rhodes rolls, I didn't have any)
Cut one crescent triangle into strips and roll into one long snake.
Wrap around a dog and crimp edges together.
You can take a small piece of dough and wrap it around his head. The hats just fell off when served.
Repeat with each crescent triangle and hot dog.
Bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes.
Make mummy eyes with 2 dots of mustard.
Garnish with ketchup.
Yum!

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Soo Cute!!

Crissy said...

LOL!! I LOVE it!! Those are so dang cute!!

Lisa and Tate said...

Fun.. I will have to add this to my file for fun family food....

Mama Bear said...

OOOhhhh, I think I have dinner for tonight now...Mykah will get a kick out of them!

Hollyween said...

Those are to DIE for!! I mean, seriously. You're so creative. I bet Levi would eat those. What kid wouldn't want to eat a food mummy?!

Jen said...

What a fun idea! And perfect for Halloween!

Kim said...

Those are so cute! I've seen them in magazines, but never known anyonw who has made them. You are such a fun mom.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Love the dogs - I mean mummies. WE used to call these- "pigs in a blanket" - I love them!

L.

Mama Bear said...

Made them today for lunch, had 7 happy kids that LOVED the idea. Thanks for being so creative!

Laurie said...

i love your blog! Ruthie looks so cute!





your friend Ellie