Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Quirky Tag

I was tagged by Tiffany (you should check out her blog) to do some quirks. Now I think I remember writing in one of the Once Upon A Time posts about quirks. So I suppose this is the time to let you all in on them! Yikes!!

1. I am a very even person. Not tempered. Just numbers. I have to take an even number of steps inside a square. Eat an even number of bites on each side of my mouth, eat an even number of M&Ms, have each hand do an even number of tasks. I know it's wierd. I guess that's why it's a quirk.

2. I eat my Oreos by taking them apart, then biting the cookie part around the cream, then eat the cookie half, then enjoy the cream with just the little bit of cookie that's left.

3. I've kinda grown out of this one. But since I'm racking my brain for another 4 quirks, I'll share it. I used to read license plates and know when the car was purchased. It had to do with the beginning letter of the letter set. Utah plates go 123 ABC and by that first letter, I could tell you when it was purchased. I was getting quite good at the centennial plates in which the letters started on the other end of the alphabet.

4. I could call this one good scheduling, but it really is a quirk. I have to have homework and laundry and dishes and lunch (for the next day) making all at a certain time. Homework started by 4 and done with each boy sitting in a certain place at the table. Laundry on Wednesday and Saturday. Only if necessary on other days, but it really bugs me. Dishes right after we eat. And we have to eat by 5:30, otherwise I get cranky cause it throws off the rest of the evening, like making lunches for the next day right after dishes are done.

5. All the chairs at my table have to be in under the table a certain way. During the day, and especially when kids are all home, the 2 end chairs need to be tucked behind one side of the table "feet". After the kids go to bed, I take them out and they just go in normal.

6. (Whew! Finally!) I really don't mind dust. Is this a quirk or just bad housekeeping?? I don't care. If I did, it would be a quirk to go around dusting everything at least once a week. Right?

Okay. The rules. I just did 6 quirks. I usually don't ever actually tag people because I don't like the pressure. But if 6 of you...hmmm...Laurie, Melanie, Kim, Crissy, Leanne and Holly, would like the challenge and don't mind the pressure, please amaze us all. And anyone else who wants to. No pressure! Share 6 quirks and then tag 6 more people. If you can handle it. And if any of you listed doesn't want to do it, well, just run to your local grocer and get yourself some Ding Dongs and rest easy!!

6 comments:

Crissy said...

How FUN!! Love your quirks, Jennie!! I have a few myself, I just need to think about them and include it one of my next posts :)
Off to get some ding dongs while I think of my list here!!

Andrea said...

Funny, I share number 3 with you. Now they have the new license plates, how they mess with my brain!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's so weird. I have the same quirk as you! I'm all about even numbers too. That's why I had four kids and didn't stop at 3. What was I thinking? Crazy quirks - Katie

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I just read this- I'll need to think about it.....I am sure I have more than 6 - I just have to figure out whether they are quirks or just craziness.

Anonymous said...

O.k. I know I have quirks but, am I smart enough to realize they are one-possibly not! I'll see what I can do! Also, going to try the ding dongs (even though I'm on a diet-thanks alot!)

Kim said...

How did I miss this one? This is fun stuff! I'm glad I'm not the Kim tagged - I do have quirks but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to share them.