Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Isn't She Lovely!

Yesterday, Ruthie was invited to a Princess birthday party! Oh, Joy!! She was so excited and read the invitation, which started with, "Hear ye, Hear ye!", many times for many days. So Monday night we planned Her Stunningness' wardrobe choice. We decided to go with the princess dress that didn't have shredded fabric. So it was this royal number. Isn't she lovely?
Tuesday morning she took a shower and I washed and conditioned her hair. She got out, into her skivvies and I dried the moussed coif and then began my work.
Curls! Lots of curls. Now I need you to understand that her lovely hair is straight as a bone. Seriously! Straight! It doesn't hold curl well, either. So I sprayed every curl with hairspray as I went. It was pretty stiff when we were done. (TWSS!!!!!)
But, my goodness! It's awesome! Look at the loveliness! Doesn't she look royal?? This pose means to say., "Oh, Queen Mommy, I love you and what you have done to my hair. I will be the most beautiful girl at the ball!"
Then she came home. She had a goody bag bustin with treats and stuff! She was so excited! Then she found the lipgloss. Bright pink lipgloss. She's a lipgloss girl, too. (Kristi, this is all in good humor and we love the lipgloss!!) The doorbell rang that afternoon and it was Ruthie's friend from next door. So she bolts right by me out the door and down the driveway to inspect the snow run off in the grass and gutter. She is intrigued! I tell her to get her hiney back in the house! She runs in and flashes me a smile. A really weird smile. A Clownish smile. Seriously! I stop her and tell her to look at me. "What is on your mouth??" Lipgloss! WOWZERS!!!
She wanted to wipe it all off then, but I wouldn't let her. I do have a blog I need to fill, right?!?! So there you go. Our Wednesday morning offering. Bright pink lipgloss! But she's still so dang cute! Happy Wednesday!

10 comments:

Crissy said...

What a Darling Princess! Love the pictures :)

Lisa and Tate said...

She is one gorgeous curly haired princess!!! LOVIN' me those lips!

Andrea said...

too cute!!

Anonymous said...

My goodness- I laughed outloud and the lip gloss. So funny! She is gorgeous in curls (she's gorgeous in straight hair too). I am surprised her hair held curls.....when I tried to curl Daria & Shanna's it was flat in 1/2 hour. I think the mousse must help.

I think we need a grown up princess party!

LiLi

Kristi said...

Oh dear, Justin saw the picture and asked if I was evil, why would I give a little girl lip gloss? (WE HATE KID MAKEUP) - The kids LOVE it that's why. I 'm so glad it was on her face and not your couch - sorry! She did look lovely though

Sarah said...

She looks darling! And I love the lip gloss.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize your blog should be rated M for Mature! But I was thinking the same thing! (TWSS). I need to get a life! - Katie

Laurie said...

TWSS? I feel like I'm missing out on something. I love her hair all curly. Very pretty princess.

Jennie said...

That's What She Said...=TWSS

Misty said...

Jenny, she is gorgeous! You're going to have to lock her up when she's old enough to date!