Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Snow!

It snowed. Obviously! When we left for Stake Conference this morning, our driveway was still clear and the roads were okay. 3 hours later, on the drive home, the roads were snowy and icy and our driveway had about a foot of snow on it! WoW! So we got in the house and got lunch and got snow suits on and ran out to play in the backyard. I didn't. Daniel didn't. The kids did.
Isaac has gigantic hands because I wasn't prepared just yet for snow. So he's wearing his dad's gloves. The tramp had a wall of snow this morning on the net. So they went out to jump in all the snow that fell into it!


They also tackled each other. It's no fun unless you can tackle your siblings with great big boots and gloves and snowsuits on!

I think they tried to build something. But they got cold. So they stopped. Sam had to have a newspaper bag on his cast arm with a sock over that. No gloves could fit over that cast! It did stay dry!
Isaac crawled under the tramp and made a tunnel to the other side. He was met with snowballs and tackles from his siblings!

On to lighter things now...We went to Stake Conference this morning (is lighter the right word?) as I said above. Our Stake Presidency had some great counsel for us. Our President gave great counsel on our families. We are living in some perilous times and it was a very timely message! But the talk that I really appreciated came from one of his counselors. He talked to the kids. I wanted to take a nap, but I knew I needed to listen to be able to quiz my kids later. He talked about being obedient and following our parents. He told the story of Jonah and the whale. Because Jonah went the opposite direction the Lord wanted him to, he was swallowed by a whale. (the condensed version, thank you!) Then he told another story. But all I remember was a horse names Dandy. He left his pasture and was hit by a car. Then he left his pasture again and ate some oats with rat poison in them and died. So the moral is...listen and be obedient or you will be swallowed by a whale...and...be obedient or you will eat oats with rat poison and die. Okay. Not really. But my kids now are told that they are being swallowed by a whale when they have to sit on the stool. So far only one has had to be swallowed. Maybe we'll try rat poison. Kidding!!!! No. I would never do that.

Back to the pictures. I didn't go outside. I needed to be barefoot AND warm. So I took pictures through the back window. I think I've mentioned before that I don't clean windows. I already know what it looks like outside. So the pictures are not great. But I think you get the idea.

And here's a funny for ya! As we left this morning, we saw many cars passing as we were ready to drive out of our houses. They all had their Sunday duds on and we just figured them for all the other Mormons going to Stake Conference. So we got in line behind them. When we got to the stop sign where we figured we would turn right to get to the Tabernacle, they all started turning left. So Daniel says, "Is it at the Stake Center?" I say, "No, they said it's at the Tabernacle." So why are they all going to the Stake Center?? So we turn left, too. Then we realize they are all turning to go into our church building. WAIT! NO! They are turning into the Catholic church parking lot. DUH! So we almost went to the Catholic church this morning! Needless to say, we laughed the rest of the way to the Tabernacle!

Ooops! Someone needs to be swallowed by a whale. Gotta go!

7 comments:

Crissy said...

Love the fun snow pictures! I can't beleive that it snowed that much! I was thinking last night as it started that it was going to be a skimpy thing of snow.
Anyway, Glad to hear you found the right path to church and didn't get too off course going the wrong way. And hopefully not too many whale swallowing at your house ;)

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I cannot believe how much snow you have! Mine has already melted. Looks like fun outside.

Rob is out of town so I am missing our regular Sunday family dinner. We had it last night but- I am still missing it.


Can you tell me again the name of that finance book you have? I am getting serious about getting myself together.

Mama Bear said...

I had to double check last night to make sure we were going to the right place. Can you believe all this snow? Looks like your kiddos had way more fun than Konner. Tony took him "sledding" and I let him play in the snow but he wasn't much of a fan!

Lisa and Tate said...

WOW... you really got hit with the snow!!! Sugarhouse just got a dusting...just enough for me to want to make chili and snuggle on the couch....

Momma Ballou said...

You are so funny. THere has got to be some kind of blogging award for you. I just loved all the snow. Even my big 17 year old played in it. And I'm sure that everyone that braved the snow and went to conference will have a down pouring of extra blessings. Too bad we won't be getting any.

Kim said...

Those are fun snow pictures! I wanted to stay inside and take pictures out my dirty windows too (I don't do windows either), but Shane got called in to work (imagine that...he works for Rocky Mtn Power) so I had to go out and freeze my jeans off since I don't own snow pants.

That is funny that you followed all the cars to the Catholic church. I probably would have done the same thing.

Misty said...

It looks like your kids were just as excited as mine to play in the snow! I bet they had a blast! I too, was behind the window, inside, where it's warm, taking pictures. Hello winter!