Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Count Down

We are officially 1 week away from a birthday. Ruthie was born a week short of 5 years ago. Where, oh, where, has the time gone?? Just look at my beauty!
So to celebrate her last week of being 4, the boys and I came up with a plan. I won't tell you yet. But her shirt may provide a clue!
When I picked Ruthie up from preschool, she came out like this... (Sing the words, "I'm a mean old witch in a hat...")
Here she is at the school while we waited for the bell to ring. I told her the boys would surprise her, but I wouldn't give her any hints.
Sam came at us with a skeleton and weird glasses. He had a hard time keeping his big mouth shut while we waited for Isaac.
Finally Isaac came and posed!
Both boys told her the news together..."We're taking you to see Highsical Musical 3!!"
She dropped and screamed! Sorry you can't hear her.
I think she was pretty excited! We jumped in the car so we could get to it on time. We only had about 25 minutes!
We were the only ones in the theater until two girls came in. "Hi guys!"
Sam. What more can I say?
I should put in a quick word here about the title of the movie. Ruthie has been calling it Highsical Musical. We just call it that! When Troy first poured his sweat onto the screen, Ruthie said, "Troy!" Then when Gabriella stood up in the white dress among the red cards, Ruthie breathed, "Gabriella!". We got the same reaction about "Chad!" "Sharpay!" "Ryan!" What's that girl's name?" "Shh. Talk quieter. Taylor." "Taylor!"
Why is it that Troy always looks like he's in pain when he sings, and Gabriella always sounds like she's in pain when she sings?? I was hoping that being in their 20's would help them get over that. Oh well.
I love that there was a splash of Footloose in Troy's number. I also loved the little sound of Queen in another. I loved that Ryan asked Kelsey to the prom. I loved that Martha was a cheerleader (Big girls can cheer, too!). I love Sharpay and her need for the spotlight. When she arrived at school with her pink boots and pink skirt, Ruthie started singing "Fabulous". Then when any song had the same line over and over, Ruthie would start singing along. I loved it!
I had to leave the theater on about 4 occasions. If it was more than that, I lost count. It was long. It was cute. I don't know what happened after Troy and Gabriella came back for the musicAl. I also don't know what they are all doing now that they've graduated. I did see the tear in Taylor's eye as they upclosed her.
Most of all I loved when Ruthie leaned over and kissed my arm then looked at me with a huge smile on her face!
I'm also very, very glad I'm not in High School anymore!

9 comments:

Kim said...

We saw it Saturday and I agree! We loved it too! Hilarious about the "painful" looks on Troy and Gariella! Can't believe Ruthie is 5! Enjoy Halloween!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I am so jealous- I can't wait to see this movie. The girls have already seen it but are dying to see it again. And- my friend whose sister is in the film helped us get poster/keychains from the premiere. I love girls, I love this movie and I am glad there are clean movies out there - unlike our "Grease" movie which kids loved but had lots of bad messages.

Mama Bear said...

I've missed the whole High School Musical bus, Mykah is just getting into it. I'm glad Ruthie enjoyed her big day being 4. She is such a sweetie.

Momma Ballou said...

I had to ban myself from these movies. I am not kidding I became obsessed after the 2nd one. I found myself searching on the internet trying to learn about Troy and Gabriella. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I felt like I was totally back in Jr. High. I'm glad Rithie loved it, I also am glad I'm out of High School.

Laurie said...

Very fun! Ellie is not really interested in this installment of HSM so we'll probably wait for the DVD to see it. Looks like the kids had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Hey, uh, thanks for the spoilers! - Katie

Crissy said...

How fun! Looks like she had so much fun! And Happy birthday to the little cutie!

Kim said...

I haven't seen it yet. I have watched the others on Disney Channel. I DO have to keep up on what all the little girls are watching these days, you know. Anyway - you are such a good mom to take her and the boys. Happy Birthday Ruthie! I remember the first time you brought her to church and our talks before that in the back of the chapel about waiting. :-)

Misty said...

Fun Times!! I'm glad Sam's arm is healing well! Cute Halloween costumes too! And wow! Those birthday cakes were awesome! I'll have to hire ya when I need one! I can't wait to see the primary program! It will be wonderful!