Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm hungry!

Last week I made a small pilgrimage down to my mom's house with Ruthie to do something special. You see, I wanted some tortillas. Not just any tortillas. The tortillas my sister in law had at the cabin in Flaming Gorge that she cooked herself. I also wanted cheap semi sweet chocolate chips. The milk chocolate ones just don't do it for me in cookies. So why do I need to go to my mom's? She has a Costco membership. I don't. It's a long story. But I will be getting one as soon as Daniel and I get our new debit cards. Daniel couldn't find his. So I had to "lose" mine, too. Anyhoo, we decided to just make a fun day of it. So off we went. We got to my mom's and then headed to the local members only store. My grandma, Meme, met us there. It was kind of fun to have 4 generations of girls! I got lots of neat stuff. I got 2 10 pound bags of semi sweet chocolate chips. You got it. 20 pounds of yummy cookie making goodness. I got Ruthie a beautiful black and gold dress. She fell in love with it. So we put it in the basket with the chips. Then I looked for the tortillas I knew I needed. And...I found them. They are uncooked. They are divine! So I got 2 packages with 44 tortillas in each. I will need to go back soon. We went through 25 of them for dinner Thursday night. We've since gone through another 19.

They come raw. That's what makes them so good.
For future reference. This is what the package looks like!
I had some trouble with my pictures loading today. Is it breaking the Sabbath to blog? Here is what they look like when they are ready for consumption..
But first you have to cook them. Just a meduim hot non stick skillet! That's it!
I could have just put a picture of me eating one of these beauties. But Sam is a cuter eater. Believe me!
You can just roll them up and eat them plain. You can put some cheese on them and make a quesadilla. You can put chicken or beef and then some beans and salsa and sour cream,etc, and make a burrito. Oh! I'm hungry. I think it's time to get the second package out and thaw it!

6 comments:

Jen said...

These are the times when I regret not having a Cosco membership. How yummy! A quesadilla sounds good right now.

Kristi said...

My mom loves these tortillas. We go shopping at Costco together when she visits (same reason). Hope lunch was yummy.

Mama Bear said...

Those sound and look really good. I also don't have a Costco membership, I'm a Sam's Club gal. If you ever need to go you can take my card...its a special one that you get in early and it doesn't even have a picture! Anywho, I wonder if they have them at the Club???

Hollyween said...

I have these on hand CONSTANTLY. They're even on my next fave things list. If you ever want me to pick you up some, just let me know. They're the ONLY way to go when it comes to tortillas.
Get the costco canned chicken and mix it with the grated cheese, then cook it with that inside. Delightful. I even made breakfast burritos out of those babies.

Crissy said...

They have these at Costco? Seriosly! Where have I been! I love Costco! And this looks SOOO yummy! Hmmm, Not good when It's so close to bed time and Costco isn't open. If you ever need to go shopping before you get your cards, Let me know! I Love that place :)

Kim said...

Costco is my friend. And those tortillas ARE delicious! I usually have some on hand. Ruth has a fabulous recipe for eggrolls using the tortillas. I'll email it to you.