Monday, October 20, 2008

Oh The Dirt

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not ashamed. I don't fear the repercussions. I will shout it from the rooftops if you wanted me to. I Am Not A Good House Keeper!! You couldn't call the heath dept, but I don't clean my walls everyday. There you have it! I feel better.
Every year when the house gets stuffy inside and the windows get to open in the Spring, I turn on the fan over the kitchen table. It pretty much goes all the rest of Spring and Summer and into the Fall. So you can imagine what it looks like when I finally turn it off for the duration....
Not so bad, you say?? Look closer...
No! Seriously! Closer! That is months and months of spinning over my kitchen table. Go ahead and say it. Say it loud. GROSS!
So I got a rag and got up on the table (after I took the gross pictures of course) and wiped all the blades down. I even wiped down everything else up there.
Well, at least the parts you can see.
There, I've done something constructive today. I feel much better. I even seem to be breathing easier! Imagine that.

6 comments:

Hollyween said...

I sooooooooo have the same problem. But unfortunately for me, I have two ceiling fans and they're both high and annoying. The one in the living room and the one in the bedroom. If doing yours made you hungry for more, come on over.

Laurie said...

wow, you have had a very productive morning! Good for you. Amazing how much dust fans collect. Did you have your primary program yesterday? How'd it go ?

Jennie said...

Laurie...The Primary program is November 9. We just had Gen Conf and Stake Conf and are playing catch up. That's why Nov 16 in St George is so appealing!!

Crissy said...

Oh WOW!! That reminds me of a fan in my house that I should probably go clean off too. I always thought it was because we use to have a cat that it would get dirty like that, but he has been gone 2 1/2 years now, so I really can't make that excuse anymore.

Misty said...

Just come to my house, you'll feel better! I'm sure your house is immaculate! Way to go! You are wonder woman!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

How funny! I just did that the other day in my bedroom - only because the dust was seeping down and starting to land on my bed. I never claim to be a good housekeeper- in fact- I am pretty awful at it. I hire out what I can afford and do the major stuff when I get so disgusted I can't stand it anymore. I should take pictures of my fridge.....that's a sight to be seen.