Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Musings

Here we are. It's almost the end of October and it's going to be in the upper 60's again today. I don't like it when the heat kicks on at 6:30 am and then I have to open the windows to cool the house off at 10 am. Then at 7 pm, the house starts really heating up because Daniel goes around closing all the windows because it's cold outside. So I open them again until 8:30. Enough time for the house temperature to drop to 72 before we head to bed. Not that we head to bed at 8:30. But you never know! When we do go to bed I'm usually cold. That's always nice for Daniel. Then the heat kicks on again at 6:30 am.

What, may you ask, does that have to do with the price of eggs? I really don't know. I have been trying to talk Daniel into getting chickens so we can have the eggs without paying a pretty penny. So far I don't have chickens. And I do pay a pretty penny for eggs.

I do keep telling Daniel that having chickens would be better than sliced bread. Speaking of bread, and sliced bread at that! I haven't been baking bread for a while. I think it has something to do with a hot kitchen and a hot summer. So I have been buying G-ma Sycamore wheat bread. It goes on sale for $1.50 sometimes. So I buy 10 loaves (you wouldn't believe the weird looks I get in the store!) and put them in the freezer. It's the best freezing bread. So I don't have to buy bread for a couple of weeks.

And speaking of laundry. What's that? We weren't speaking of laundry? Well, now that we are. I have a load of clean kitchen towels sitting in a basket in the laundry room. I also have a load of clothes in the dryer that have been sitting in there since Saturday. So, I don't have clean kitchen towels in my kitchen. I also don't have the laundry basket for the dirty clothes that are piling up in my closet. I also don't have those clothes folded and put away and ready to be worn. Hmm. Maybe that's why we couldn't find any jeans for Isaac this morning. Good thing it will be warm today. He had to wear shorts to school. It will be in the upper 60's today, you know. I need to go start opening windows. The house is warming up.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

The laundry sounds like my house. I finally broke down and did a load, only the second one since Dev left. Is that bad? Hope all is well with you guys! Talk to you soon!

Mama Bear said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has problems like that with laundry. It usually takes the whole week to get it from the bedroom to the laundry room and back then I start the whole process all over! I can also sympathize with the heat and eggs. I love the musings...ramblings of a mom for sure!

Jen said...

Laundry is a swear word at my house. My problems is, Conner likes to spread the laundry around the house. Clean, dirty, unmentionables... you name it, it's been drug around my house from room to room. It was especially nice when he decided to show our home teachers my g's on Sunday. I'm hoping they were clean, not that it really mattered. I snatched them away as fast as lightning when he decided to show and tell them.

Why can't the weather just stay a consistant temp? Make your mind up Mother Nature, why don't ya!?!?!

Jenibelle said...

Excellent weaving there. You weren't talking about weaving?

We got a new washing machine, unfortunately they still don't have one that folds and puts away so on goes the laundry quandry.

Crissy said...

Don't you just love our wonky weather! I love this time of year, but I wish it would stay at a little at a contant temperature.
Laundry? Oh man, It's a never ending ordeal here at this house.

Kim said...

That heat spell was terrible! We actually turned on the air one afternoon. You should soooo get some chickens! I'll have Shane come over and teach you how to pluck them...if you don't already know...in case some of them aren't good layers.