Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ketchup

Or is it catsup? Oh, wait! No! It's Catch Up!

Well, I guess I've said it one too many times. Or maybe 15 too many times... "We never get sick!" "We never get sick!" "We never get sick!" "We have immune systems of steel!" Umm. I jinxed myself. 2 colds in the last 3 weeks and the stomach flu on Monday. Yuck!

So I will no longer gloat about not getting sick. But if I get sick one more time this season, I'll be really upset.

On to much happier things...

Abbie's Cookie Party....
Here's the whole group. Abbie made new aprons for the coming years. Some of the bigger kids looked like they were wearing bibs last time. This is my favorite group shot. Sam couldn't keep his arms down and I had to threaten to cut them off. Jeremiah just wasn't up for posing and decided to take a rest.
And here we have Isaac who frosted every cookie green and still hasn't eaten any of them.
Sam is just cheesy. He seriously would not do a nice face. It must be from his father's side!
And here we have Ruthie. Each cookie was just so with lots and lots of sprinkles.
The littlest ones were the best...Josh doesn't get much sugar. He was dancing and wiggling and smiling away with his dose of sweet! And Jeremiah loved to lick the frosting off.
The Draper Temple...
My brother Alex is a Lego connoisseur. He still loves to build things. His latest project was the Draper Temple.
Isn't it awesome?? It has flowers, a fountain, benches to sit and reflect on.
He just needs an Angel Moroni to top it off. Although, the Mountain Dew can there says a lot!
And...
For most of today I have been at the school helping with the Santa store thing. I have now caught my blog up and have done my school duty for a while to come. I have a messy house, dirty clothes, dishes to wash and mouths to feed.
I guess I should ketchup on those, too

5 comments:

Crissy said...

How fun is that!! A cookie party :) Now I need some cookies!

Love the Temple! That is way cool! Kudos to your brother for building that! Maybe he needs to design the Moroni piece for the Lego company and sell it :)

Have fun cleaning! I need to clean too, it just never ends, does it! ;)
Have a great day

Laurie said...

glad you are feeling better. Have fun catching up!

Kim said...

So glad you are up and feeling better. The sickness just catches up with all of us eventually. The Temple is AWESOME! Your family (you included of course) has some seriously great artistic ability! The cookie party looks so fun!

Jen said...

If I had time, I would love to have a cookie party. But I'm behind in everything, as it is. Looks like the kids had a blast.

Love the Lego Temple! Cody will be impressed.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I miss my cookie baking with friends! Although- I have to say- since I ate so many of the cookies- my figure is thanking me (although I am on the chunky side for other reasons.....stress is the culprit).

The Draper Temple is amazing! I am hoping to tour the new temple sometime before it gets sealed - can't wait!

I am amazed by your immune system...this is the first year thus far I have not gotten a sinus infection (knock on wood!)