Monday, December 29, 2008

Make A Meal Monday

And because I didn't do it last Monday, because there was no meal involved while making many, many cookies, I am doing it in surround sound today! I realize that it is late on Monday, but I actually made this today for dinner. Hence the wait! No, we usually don't have what I have on Make A Meal for dinner that same night. It's just been pictures of meals we have on a weekly basis, just most likely not that night. Is that too much information? So here we are on a Monday evening with a yummy meal post! Ready?

Brown Bag Turkey
Prepare the turkey with stuffing (tho' stuffing isn't necessary to put in the bird).
Spray the breast of the bird with Pam.
Place the turkey in a brown paper bag.
Secure the opening by tucking it under the bird.
Mash the paper down so it sticks to the Pam.
Place the turkey in a COLD oven...
Set the oven to 500 degrees and bake for 1 hour.
Lower the temperature to 400 degrees and bake 1 hour.
Lower the temperature to 300 degrees and bake 1 more hour.
Perfect Bird!
This works for a 12 lb or a 20 lb turkey.
Add 15 minutes to every hour for a bird larger than 20 pounds.
Look at that! This is the first turkey I've cooked and I have to say I did a superb job!
We had to have all the stuff to go with the turkey, too...
It felt like Thanksgiving all over again.
Only this time, I get all the leftovers. I have turkey in my freezer, in my fridge and in my belly.
Daniel and I will eat the pumpkin pie after the kids go to bed.
So there you have it. A wonderful and fast way to cook a turkey of any size!

ENJOY!

6 comments:

Crissy said...

YUMMY!! Looks like a very delicious dinner :)

Kim said...

Your turkey is beautiful! I cook mine in a brown paper bag too! Although I should try your instructions...mine always takes about an hour longer to cook than I expect it to. I love the pic of the thumbs-up from your family! Maybe we'll be having turkey for New Years!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Great Idea! I love leftover turkey! Could eat it for weeks! We are back! let's get together somtime in Jan..

L.

Laurie said...

Hey, I made this on Tuesday night! It's the only way I know how to make a turkey. I am enjoying all the turkey salad, turkey soup, turkey hash...

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???

Anonymous said...

Good article, good things, good feelings, good BLOG!