Monday, December 15, 2008

Make A Meal Monday

It's back! My throw up muscles no longer hurt and I'm hungry!! This is a lasagna recipe my mom has been making for a while now. It's yummy!
You see? Doesn't that look good??
LASAGNA


1 lb. hamburger
1 small chopped onion
1 garlic clove, crushed
Brown hamburger with onion and garlic and drain the fat.

Add:

1 28 oz. can crushed or diced tomatoes
1 12 oz. can tomato paste
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
12 large fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)

Simmer over low heat for 1 hour.

Cook 9 large lasagna noodles as directed.

While cooking noodles, prepare:
1 lb.(approx.) shredded Mozzarella cheese
add (approx.) 1 handful Cheddar cheese to Mozzarella
Grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle over each layer.

Layer sauce, noodles, cheeses 3 times. On third layer, put some sauce over the noodles, then the cheese.
May be refrigerated at this point (it's better when baked the next day)
Bake at 375 degrees uncovered for 30-40 minutes.

ENJOY!

4 comments:

Crissy said...

Oooooh!! That looks yummy! I am going to have to try that soon! Thanks for the recipe, Jennie!!

Laurie said...

The best lasagne! I'm glad you are doing MAMM- I was not keeping up on it!

Kim said...

YUMMY! With homemade sauce even. I'm so impressed and can't wait to try it! Thanks!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Yum! I love lasagna & this one looks great!

Have a great holiday! Talk to you when we get back!