Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ortho-Don-Cha

The Wicked Cross Bite...
I grew up going to the Dentist. I didn't grow up going to the Orthodontist. I have pretty straight teeth. My sister wished she had been taken to an Orthodontist when she was younger. oh well.

Daniel grew up going to the Dentist. He also grew up going to the Orthodontist. He had braces when he was 12 to fix a mean cross bite. He has really nice teeth. I love his teeth.

Isaac has grown up going to the Dentist. Isaac will now grow up going to the Orthodontist. He has a case of the Wicked Cross Bite. We can't wait till he's 12. It will be too late. Starting the first week in January he will begin his love of the Orthodontist. And his parents will begin Ortho-Don-Cha payments.

Isaac's wicked cross bite necessitates a spacer across the top palate that will widen his top jaw. He will also get to have braces on his top 4 front teeth. He is so excited! Seriously. He really wanted to get braces when we went in for our consultation on Wednesday. He was sorely disappointed when I said we were just going in to TALK to him. When he's 12 he will likely need braces on all his teeth to finish the job.

My kids have been looking at their dad's childhood pictures to see what his braces looked like. Isaac is excited and grateful he will be just like his dad. I'm not sure I am.

5 comments:

Ken and Lori Banta Family said...

Did you end up going to Dr. Johnson? I love the guy...glad we are done for a year or two though! I love paying 4K for things lol:) Good luck with the braces!!

Jennie said...

Lori..Yep! We really liked him! Everyone was so nice. Thanks for the referral..I put your name on our paperwork..maybe you'll win a Wii!

Jen said...

Ug! Almost all of the kids in my fam-damily grew up with some type of plastic and metal contraption in our mouths. The money my parents paid have helped to pay for our orthodontist's vacation cabin in the mountains and his condo on the beach. I'll be calling him soon to partake of the vacation digs, since we helped pay for them. It the least he can do.

Crissy said...

We are going to be doing that soon too with Michelle. I'll have to get some info from you about this Ortho- guy.
I remember those braces days! It was the weirdest feeling when they were finally off.

Kim said...

That cracks me up that he is excited to get braces! I'm not looking forward to paying for that in the far-away future. I better start saving now.

p.s. We LOVED your cookies - thanks again and it was fun to see you!! Next time Ruthie should come in and play with Jacob.