Saturday, December 6, 2008

More Oodles of Noodles

In a flash of brilliancy (I have those every once in a while) I bought Ramen to appease the crying crowds wanting Noodles! (Click on Noodles if you missed it!) The crowds roared with praise. They love their mom! We snacked on them last night and then had some for lunch today...
Isaac would still like to move to China and sell them. Maybe if he can't figure out how to make noodles, he can just buy a whole ton of Ramen and cook it up and sell that to the hungry masses.
He sure did enjoy eating them!




Speaking of the Melamine scare in China... We weren't?? Well, now that we are... I took Ruthie in to the doctor one afternoon and had some blood and urine testing done to make sure she doesn't have any kidney problems resulting from possible Melamine contamination. Later that day, the doctor called and said the bloodwork looked good, but the urinalysis didn't. He wanted us to just come back earlier in the morning and pee in a cup again. (Pee in a cup??? Talk about giggle fest!) So we went in again and it's all clear. Peeing in a cup is an exciting experience for a 5 year old. Believe me! But we are very relieved and grateful that she wasn't "contaminated", or at least doesn't have any effects of it.
If you have a daughter adopted from China as early as 2005, go get the testing done!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I have not had a craving for Ramen Noodles, since I lived on them when I was in college. Now the thought of them kindof make me gag! They do look extra fun to eat with chopsticks, though.

Glad to hear that Ruthie is contamination free!

Laurie said...

mmmm, ramen. Does Isaac really eat with chopsticks? I'm impressed!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I wondered about how you get kids to pee in a cup when I had to do that the other day at the doctor. I bet it's hysterical!

Glad Ruthie is okay!

I love Ramen - I wonder if they can make some with whole wheat noodles for more fiber!

Mama Bear said...

I never even thought about Ruthie in connection with the Melamine stuff. You're one smart mommy! I'm sure she had a hay day with the peeing in a cup!

Crissy said...

Glad to hear that Ruthie is not contaminated!! I can't get my kids to do the peeing in the cup. They think I am loosing my mind when I have tried to have them do it in the past.

Big Ramen noodle fans here at this house too!

Sarah said...

My kids love ramen. Cheap too. :) And so glad Ruthie's ok. Kinda scary.

Kim said...

Wowie! That is crazy about the melamine! Don't they make dishes out of that stuff or is that different? I'm glad Ruthie is okay. My brothers used to LOVE ramen noodles. I should get some for Jacob, he loves ALL noodles.