Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thank you Santa, for making the children of Mars very happy!

I am so glad this week is over. Wait! I should start over... We had a wonderful week! But I am glad it's over. Here is our week in review...
We started Monday with snow.
Ruthie and I made lots of cookies to take around to some neighbors.
Then we delivered them. Whew!
Tuesday started with the school sing a long. Yawn. Oops. It was so awesome! I love sitting for 1 1/2hours singing and listening to kids sing and stuff. Yawn.
That afternoon we headed down to grandma and grandpa's house to make candy houses. Yum!!
Wednesday. Well now Wednesday was Christmas Eve. We headed down to Abbie and Poppy's house for dinner. We decided to not do a gift exchange this year and it was a really nice evening.
The kids put on the annual Nativity story...
My Wise Guys. I mean Wise Men.
My angel and her cousin.
Here is the cast. Aren't they cute?!
The one gift that has to come every year is the Christmas jammies from Abbie.
Thursday brought with it Christmas morning! Early!
My cuties waiting for the OK to head to the front room!
This was a simple Christmas. I say simple, but it just means 1 big gift.
But they started with one small family gift...Operation!
(I have secretly wanted that game since I was 12!)
There was one clue to the big gift!
The big gift could be found somewhere near the computer desk...
And there it is!!!
It's a Wii system!
Isaac's face says it all. Ruthie must have bumped something!
Then we went back to Abbie and Poppy's house for Christmas dinner and fun.
Our arms all hurt from playing baseball!
Friday brought another family party with grandma and grandpa and more cousins.
Here are all the "original" children with mom and dad...
And with the spouses.
Can you tell who is the shortest??
(and I was even standing on my toes!)
Hope you all had a very wonderful Christmas, too!


The children of Mars are happy. They are also very tired! We're heading to bed early tonight.

8 comments:

Crissy said...

FUN!! So Glad to see that you all had a wonderful Christmas, Jennie! I love those cute PJ's!!
What fun that you got a Wii! We love ours! One of these days I may get the Wii Fit! :)

Jen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! We love our Wii! We got Rock Band and it has brought our the rockers in all of us!

The pj's were especially festive. Love them!

Kim said...

What fun to have so many family parties! I'm sure it was tiring...but fun! That is awesome that you got a Wii! I don't like video games, but that is one that I would love to have. Maybe next year...we'll see. The pajama pics are too cute! So glad that you had a good Christmas AND that it is all over.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I love the matching Pjs and _ i need to check out the WI!

L.

Mama Bear said...

Santa brought us a Wii too. Mykah couldn't believe Santa stopped at both houses since she was at mom's for Christmas morning. She kept saying it was "hers" but we had to remind her that maybe Santa came here too because her little brother was here and that maybe that gift that said "Castillo FAMILY" was for the whole family. I'm glad your kiddos are enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,

Misty said...

How fun! You guys will have so much fun with that! I'm so glad you had a good christmas!

Anonymous said...

A friend told me this place I have been looking for, I come, it turned out, I have not disappointed, good Blog