Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Night Maneuvers

Night: When it's dark outside
Maneuvers: A procedure or method of working usually involving expert physical movement
My children like to get their snow boots on, their big coats on, their flashlights in hand. Then they head out to the backyard where they have "Night Maneuvers".
I'm not really sure what they do. They just run around in the tall grass out in the eastern forty. Then they yell their tactical movements to each other. They are very evasive in these maneuvers.
All we see are flashlight movements in the dark. These training exercises always have to happen after dinner when it's pitch black out and they are full of hot food. The operations are always done in extremely cold conditions.
I like to sit in the nice warm house and close all the blinds and pretend my sweetie and I are all alone. Sometimes we'll look outside and pretend we are watching fireworks on the 4th of July!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how easily entertained our children are! - Katie

Jennie said...

...And their mom and dad!

Mama Bear said...

How fun! Your kids are so creative!

Crissy said...

That looks like fun! :)

Momma Ballou said...

What a fun activity. Porter would love this. By the way, maybe I'm a tad slow but did you know there is a movie called "with six you egg roll"? am I just DUH? I saw it as I was surfing through the channels the other night.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

So funny! I like the idea of night play time! Hopefully- it gives you and Daniel some smooching time!

Kim said...

THAT is SOOOOO FUNNY! Finally - something good to do with the back of the field! The only good ours did us was to let our dog do his business out there! Your kids are hilarious!

Laurie said...

Very fun! I need to send my kids out on night maneuvers.