Saturday, June 20, 2009

I Love Easy.

I do. Seriously. And as I look at the long list of everything we need to pack to take with us this next week, it makes my tummy hurt. Since we'll be camping, we have to take a lot of stuff. A LOT OF STUFF. So I was making my shopping list and then had to go through 4 weeks of Sunday newspapers for the coupons so I could use the coupons to save a little dough. As I got the coupon stuff out, I notice a coupon for this on the front...

It's a sheet (much like a dryer sheet) that you put in the washer and then the dryer to take the place of all of these...

Serious?! Right on. $2.00 off the cost of the dispenser and 20 sheets for $5.something. $3.something. Can't go wrong with that. Right? And all I have to take with me to do laundry at the KOA laundry center is a few of these sheets. Uhuh. So I throw it in each load. The first load doesn't really smell....um....clean. Like the clean smell I'm used to. And my laundry room didn't smell all...um...downyish. You know?
My towels. I don't ever use fabric softener when I wash towels. But since this isn't a real shot of downy in my washer, I threw one in with my towels. They came out the best. Mmmmm...
So clean. So soft. So I will take several sheets to throw into the laundry on the trip. And then keep what's left for the next time we stay at a KOA Kampground and need to do laundry. But when we get back, I'll be throwing all my laundry in with my regular detergent, my fabric softener and a yummy dryer sheet.
I love easy. But I also love the smell of my clean laundry. Now back to all the packing. And organizing. And packing. And packing And packing. And packing.....
Somebody save me.....

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the tip! What a great idea for camping! I hope ya'll have a fun trip!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Oh man- that must be a HUGE task to get ready for that big of a trip! Good luck!

Rob wants to go camping.....I said Mila and I will visit you during the day up in the canyon and come back to our warm beds at night. I told him I'll go when we get a pop up trailer :)