Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Invasion!

The invasion of my zen zone has officially begun. I knew it was coming. I just didn't expect it this soon. Daniel's office is being moved about 20 miles farther away than he is now. We decided not to move after some long thought and actually getting ready to move. So as a compromise, when his office moves in August, he wants to be able to work from home once a week to keep from the longer commute every day. Wednesday is the best day to do this. This presents some chaos to my normal routine.


First...I come down the hall and find this. A closed bedroom door. I don't close it unless I'm inside it. For privacy, you know. So to run into my own closed bedroom door presents an automatic invasion of my zen zone.
When I enter my usually zen-onious place, I find this. Wait!! Hold up...
That's better. I told him to sit up straight. He's on the phone and trying to look official. Or maybe he's trying not to laugh at my now invaded zen zone. See that can of Pepsi there?? When I first walked in, he muted his headset and asked me to get him a "soda from the fridge, please". So now I'm a servant in my zen zone. And you see how close his head is to my zen zone exercise machine? That's gonna present a problem. For his head!
This is a very important part of my zen zone. So I can take naps. Wait. I don't take naps. Not that I don't want to. Just that there isn't any time. Or any quiet. I use this thing to fold laundry. Which is a very pleasant thing to do and makes the zen zone even zenier. Until the un-zen-like kids have to come in to fold their laundry. But still!
Then there is this most zen like zen zone. I like to be able to come use it at any time. And stay as long as I want. But when I really needed this zen zone before running out the door, I found, well, I won't put a picture of him, but I found my zen zone invader on it. And he wouldn't get off! I had to use the kids'. It's not very zen friendly.
I also like to have that, wait, this is classy corner. Remember? Anyway, I like to have that new fancy TV ready at my leisure to turn on and watch an episode of The Office or the news or anything else that comes to mind. I'm actually a little impressed that my invader got dressed this morning. I think it was only because he had to run to the store for a new keyboard. And mouse. And some wires. And another surge protector. At least he's dressed.
And then we come back to the door thing. I don't like it closed because the zen zone becomes the stuffy zone. And it gets humid. Especially when it rains. And yes, that's my lunch. I wanted a quiet place to come and eat without children or anything else to bug. Have some lunch zen zone time. But no. I'm thinking of revolting.
But if I tell Daniel I'm revolting, he would only agree with me. With a smile on his face, of course. Maybe I wouldn't be so revolting if I could have my zen zone back. Wednesday is only once a week. I might survive. Or I might not. We'll just see.

2 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Oh- it's nice he can work at home. I say he needs to set up his own zen zone in the basement :) you all have so much unused space down there - it would make a nice home office!

Hollyween said...

NO ONE likes their zen zone invaded. Mine is in the computer room. And I eat food in here. And it's actually not very zen-like but it's all I got. I need a laptop!