Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Where Are We?

Wow! That just took forever. Now...you see our check in spot for our loverly Wednseday night spot? Nope. Not KOA. Though we did just spend 2 loverly nights in a loverly KOA near Zion National Park. We had a blast. This trip is going at a slower pace than we usually take. We have no reservations and didn't pay close attention to the distance between stopping spots. So...
Tonight we are in Kingman Arizona in the Arizona Inn. Not at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Obviously, we didn't make it near as far today as we had planned. Are we having fun? You bet! We are having a blast. Tonight is a special treat to sleep in a bed, have a bathroom right around the corner. We even got pizza for dinner. (We have been making our dinners by campstove each night) So this will add an additional day to our trip. We are excited to get to the Grand Canyon tomorrow.
By the way! It's hot here. Sam said he couldn't breath when we got out at the Hoover Dam. Ruthie said she was getting a sunburn all over her body. My poor kids. We need to get out more. Or just go to cooler climates.


Tomorrow night we are back to the tent and all the camping fun we can stand. Yay!


Hope you are all doing well. I will have to do a blow by blow when we get home and it won't take 10 minutes to get 2 pictures on my blog.

6 comments:

Crissy said...

Hey! I didn't think to see a post from you in a few more days. Glad you are all having fun. I don't dare go down that far south this time of year cause of the heat. It's been hot here too! I am already missing those cool rain showers! Have a safe trip home!

Jen said...

Ooooooo I hate the heat! But I would love see the Grand Canyon some day! Maybe someday when I don't have a crazy toddler...that likes to beat up his big brother, and repeatedly yell "no!", and poop in a diaper, and eat chapstick and furniture polish.

I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I keep checking for vacation updates.. happy to finally see one. The heat would be the reason we took our vacation in May. Even then it was roasting hot in Arizona; and that was just northern Arizona! Have a fun time seeing the Grand Canyon and bring me back something French! - Katie

Susie said...

Oh sweet memories are made of stuff like this. Enjoy the Grand Canyon it is beautiful.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I can't wait to see all the pictures! I think you got my message that Mila has a Dr. appt. July 7th. Let's plan a time soon after that and hope Lisa can make it.

Stay cool! It's hot here!

Kim said...

You are so dedicated to blog on your trip. I'm so sorry that your laptop got banged up. That stinks! What a great idea to stay at a hotel in the middle of your trip!