Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Memories...

Today was our 6 month cleaning at the dentist office. I hate going to the dentist. But with my kids, it's all about showing no fear. They did awesome! Sam went first...
The hygenist put the big thingy in their mouths with the flouride in it while they still had the glasses on. The glasses kept the bright light out of their eyes. Ruthie...
Isaac couldn't have the thingy in his mouth without gagging. He's like his mother in that respect. We're gaggers. So here's Isaac with just Mr. Thirsty in his mouth...
Aren't they cute? I didn't get a picture of my cleaning. It just wouldn't be right. Here I am with a self portrait. Hmm. My dad used to always do self portraits...
And thinking of my dad's self protraits brought back memories. Of the Grand Canyon when I was 12 and sick as a horse in the back seat of the van. Throwing up into the pot used to pop popcorn while we camped. The popcorn burned. I threw up a lot. I never really saw the Grand Canyon. I came home and went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Diabetes. That would explain a lot.
It also made me think of last night when Daniel got home from work. He had a big brown paper bag in his arms when he walked in and a smile on his face. My first thought?? Cherries! My dad would walk into the house after work with a brown paper bag in his arms and a smile on his face. What was in the bag every time?? Cherries!
But my man doesn't like cherries.
At all.
He had potatoes.
For the garden.
Reality.
At least we don't have any cavities!
And I will see the whole of the Grand Canyon this time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the dentist too. I broke another tooth and don't want to go back because I know what they will do to me and how much it will cost! And your memories of cherries and self-portraits just make me laugh! - Katie

Jen said...

Nice teeth!

Are you going to the Grand Canyon soon? It'll be so much more fun this go-around! And puke free!

Kim said...

The kids look like they did great at the dentist! And your teeth were marvelously shiny!

I really hope you don't puke at the Grand Canyon.

I'm totally with you, oh how I love fresh cherries!